Recent content by Frewat

1. F

Elac FS 247.4, a big slap in the face!

It's nice to see that Elac get some love as well as other brands on this site. They sure do have some great loudspeaker product lines. I've had a few different speakers from them over the years and in my main system I have the Vela 409. I think the price Vs performance ratio declines alot...
  2. F

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Agree, that's disappointing... Hifi-voice have measured them though. Here's a link: https://www.hifi-voice.com/testy-a-recenze/reprosoustavy-podlahove/3356-bowers-wilkins-803-d4
  3. F

Help me decide a subwoofer for music only and high WAF

In Europe, yes, the SVS subs still have quite good value, definitely not in the US. Arendal have better price/performance ratio then SVS in Europe. There was a time when SVS where the sub of the subs, but now... Great customer support though! OP, I'm from Sweden as well by the way. We have it...
  4. F

I agree that it would be better with two subs. But maybe this is getting out of hand for OP...
  5. F

The Arendal sub has the same settings and peq (3 bands) capability as the Svs. The difference is that it doesn't have a phone app. The price as well as you pointed out. 40% higher price, over 100% better output from 25hz and even more under that frequency. I think the problem is that it might...
  6. F

He wasn't interested in the PB1000 pro. You should look at the SB1000 pro which is in the same chart that I posted...
  7. F

If the app is that important then yes, the Svs is definitely the better choice. If you are interested in performance and never change the settings on the sub except changing the dB level, then the Arendal is better by quite a margin then the Svs SB1000 pro. It's a choice of convenience or...
  8. F

I don't think Arendals subwoofer app works on their entry subs. Its for their 1723 subs. It offers the same settings as the Svs otherwise I believe. It's real nice though as you say with a subwoofer app. Easy to change settings on the subs for different uses.
  9. F

It's definitely good enough for music. Between the Svs and the Arendal, 1 dB difference at 63 and 50hz doesn't matter that much I would believe. It's alot better in the rest of the frequency range.
  10. F

The Arendal sub has the best performance of these subs. If your wife approves of it size wise, it would probably be the best choice.
  11. F

The "other" German Speaker Manufacturers (Canton, Magnat, Heco, Quadral, ...) - Where do they stand?

It won't be a problem. With a sensitivity of 89dB at that listening distance you probably won't use more than a couple of watt.
  12. F

The "other" German Speaker Manufacturers (Canton, Magnat, Heco, Quadral, ...) - Where do they stand?

It shouldn't be any problem for it. If it can double the effect down to 4 ohms. In the end it depends on how big your listening room is, how far from the loudspeakers you are listening, how the sensitivity is on the loudspeakers are and how loud you listen. If you average at 85dB in an midsize...
  13. F

Hi! I was in a similar position a couple of years ago but with the old KEF R11 (non META). After I had listened and borrow home several different brands in the same price range, although the old KEF R11 was a bit cheaper then the Elac Vela fs 409, I preferred the Elac's. The R11 are objective...
  14. F

SVS PC-2000/4000 measurements?

That sounds like a good thing to look into before hand. If you want the response to be as smooth as possible, multiple subs is the way to go. If you can afford 2 and have space for it of course, it would be wise to buy 2 pc2000 instead of one pc4000. You have a minidsp, and that's great. It...
  15. F

SVS PC-2000/4000 measurements?

I have measurements of the Pc 13 DSP, if that would be of any help? However, maybe a offering from Arendal sound would be a better choice if you want a sealed sub. The 1723 S1 is a very nice sub with a similar performance to the pc 4000 in a sealed configuration. It's cheaper as well. I...
Top Bottom