Recent content by Fred Waites

1. Fred Waites

New Rode NTH-100 headphones.

Looks like it is the older style. Did not realise there was an updated version, damn shame that the offical Rode store is still selling the older revision. Only bought them last month. Not sure how much support the 'big flat screw' will add, given where it broke, but hopefully in the process...
  2. Fred Waites

New Rode NTH-100 headphones.

Warning - design flaw: Had these headphones for 6 weeks before they broke. The twistlock that holds the earcup on is a very thin piece of plastic and snapped clean in two. If you look at the 1 star reviews on Amazon you can see that this peice is breaking in the exact same way for lots of...
  3. Fred Waites

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Just picked up a pair, after reading this review and thread couldn't resist @$AUD420. Early days(hours) but loving the sound (with 'Hifiman Sundara APO EQ Score -1.5dB@HF 96000H' eq profile - thanks Maiky76!) What I will say is that I have a very big head and these are some of the most...
  4. Fred Waites

its about 600's family

I don't know if it is just me and a youth spent in retail, but this kind of activity annoys the biscuits out of me. I just feel it is so unfair to the 'bricks and mortar' stores. That and who is taking the hit on all the returns? </old man rant> *edited for typos
  5. Fred Waites

Pics you’ve taken,

Couple photos that were a lot of fun to take. 'Sweet Sound'. Was vacuuming up 100s & 1000s for weeks after that one.
  6. Fred Waites

A bit about your host....

This just made my day. Cold hard facts for the win! Though with a CV as impressive as that I am surprised anyone has the gall to argue in the first place. Only found this site last week, very much enjoying it and greatly appreciate all the hard work that goes into making it what it is. Your...
Top Bottom