Recent content by fohrums

1. F

Amplifier Wattage With/Without Subwoofer

Back at it folks :cool: I understand this regarding damaging amps by too high of volume leven to the point of continuous distortion (along with what RayDunzl saying it vice-versa with speakers damaging due to high volume levels). This was not yet explained regarding line-level vs. high-level...
  2. F

Isn't it because there is such thing as over-powering speakers to the point of damaging them? Is this about separates in regards to Amp/Audioprocessor in combination as opposed to just using only an amplifier w/out the audioprocessor? If not can you give an example of what you mean by "Separates"?
  3. F

This is good to know, guys! Let's just say I am selling my current amp for a new one that's for stereo listening. With that said, with my subwoofer having it's own built-in amp do I now only need an Amplifier to match my Bookshelf Speaker's wattage instead of the subwoofer or should it match for...
  4. F

There's amplifiers in subwoofers? My subwoofer does have those options of controlling volume by a gain knob and crossovers for high/low pass (3-knobs total). Since the crossover is on my subwoofer and not on my speakers wouldn't that limit the sound to the subwoofer only and not the other way...
  5. F

Pls. allow me to continue this discussion by asking another question in regards to Amplifiers/Speakers. This next question is about Power-ouptut via RMS/Dynamic (continuously safe vs. max total wattage capability). Let me know if "Dynamic-poweroutput isn't defined as Total-poweroutut". The...
  6. F

That is an extremely difficult read. Someone did end up saying - "Passive subwoofer filters (for the sub OR satellites) do not really work (post no. 42)." My style of listening is ipod at 75% volume and speaker at 30% to 75% in laymen's terms, because that has always seemed to prevent damage...
  7. F

Sure, my Audio Equipment are the following: Audiovideoreceiver (or avr): Pioneer-vsx-1022 Speakers: Sony-sscs5-speakerbookshelfpair (6-ohms; 100w) Subwoofer: Sony-sacs9-subwoofer (6-ohms; 115w)
  8. F

Hello Audio Science Review Folks, I do not understand the Amplifier/Receiver Wattage differences when a subwoofer is used and when it is not. Besides knowing the rating of the speaker/subwoofer combination in terms of wattage for the appropriate amp are there anything else to consider? When a...
Top Bottom