Recent content by FockerRN

1. FockerRN

Uptone ISO Regen Review and Measurements

Lol...okay I give up. This is my last post, and then Im out. I was going to just lurk and observe, because Ive valued things Amir has pointed out and shared with me years ago on AVS, but this is just a bit much. In NO WAY am I trying to get anyone to “consider any conclusion” that Ive put...
  2. FockerRN

Neat, thanks for the tip. I was under the impression that my opinions had broad scope and mass appeal. I had no idea they only pertained to me personally. You've really taught me something. You guys are all so welcoming and respectful here, I'm just overwhelmed.
  3. FockerRN

omg lol...actually I just happened to find out that Amir - who I'm assuming is the same Amir from AVS that I used to interact with - had his own audio forum. God forbid I actually express my current opinions on things without ten people taking it as me "claiming science is wrong" or...
  4. FockerRN

Like I said, Im not here to debate. You guys carry on
  5. FockerRN

In...my...experience.
  6. FockerRN

I can't answer that. It's just not something I typically partake in.
  7. FockerRN

I don't disagree. But that's not really getting at my point. My point isn't that the science/measurement part isn't useful or accurate. My point is that the entirely of music reproduction (and all that is audible) is not fully measurable in my experience.
  8. FockerRN

Well, if you care to share, how does one reliably measure timbre and soundstage? Two of my favorite qualities of audio reproduction that I've never seen any reliable measure of.
  9. FockerRN

Mainly because over the years I've heard gear - headphones, mainly - that measured basically identical to each other, but sounded vastly different. I have no doubt that you, and probably everyone else here, are far more advanced in your analysis of objective measurement than I...but it just...
  10. FockerRN

That's the part I always go back and forth on. I just am not a believer that everything audible is measurable. So I tend to lean toward the science, but also incorporate an aspect of subjectivity. Sometimes I just find things that don't measure well to be enjoyable. For example, Sennheiser...
  11. FockerRN

DeVore have another winner on their hands

Obviously speakers that are designed and manufactured by a small business in NYC are going to be more expensive than something mass produced. As for the rest of it, to each their own. I enjoyed them quite a lot, as have many others.
  12. FockerRN

Yes indeed...lol
  13. FockerRN

DeVore have another winner on their hands

I've been a planar guy since first discovering Maggies in 2005. There are some box speakers I like, but generally after I adjust to them, I begin to hear the enclosure too much and the transparency suffers. I don't ever experience that with Maggies (obviously), which is why I have owned 3.6Rs...
  14. FockerRN

This is very surprising to me. I have a background in psych and typically am very wise to the placebo-type issues with audio...I have not done blind abx testing, mainly because I don't prefer to turn my hobby into a science experiment, but the ISO regen with the stubby connector and LPS2 PSU...
Top Bottom