Recent content by firestart3r

1. F

unbalanced vs balanced with lots of volume attenuation

So basically, I'm looking to use the volume where the distortion is around -110db or lower ? Can I adjust the DAC level to have my listening at approximately five 6th (5/6) of the volume pot and call it a day ? Would 3 o'clock sound about right ? This amp doesn't have a screen so I cannot see...
  2. F

unbalanced vs balanced with lots of volume attenuation

Hi guys, I have a newbie question for you: I was just wondering... let's say my setup looks like this: PC --> DAC --> HP amp --> headphones Is it better to use a balanced cable for my headphones, even if I have to reduce the volume on the PC or DAC to use the amp normally ? How much "digital"...
  3. F

Truthear Crinacle Zero background white noise with apple dongle on pc

Any news? I think the safest best is to use balanced outputs of a DAC and balanced inputs for the amplifier... Ex: Topping D10 ----TRS cables----> Topping L50 140$+170$ That way you have common noise rejection.
  4. F

Portable device for my TRUTHEAR x Crinacle ZERO: RED

Also, I'd like to mention the quality of the material of the cable feels great. It's thicker and softer than the original Truthear cable, but in a good way. To me it really feels like an upgrade. Hope this helps ✌️
  5. F

Personally I use wavelet or other apps for EQ so I didn't use the Moondrop app. The DAC measures well and sound great to me. Plenty of power compared to a Apple dongle on a Android phone. No hiss on my Zero Red. Also has a microphone so you can take calls on the go. I highly recommend the...
  6. F

What did you end up getting? Personally, I just upgraded to the Moondrop Free DSP Cable and so far it's amazing. The cable is softer and comes with a great DAC/AMP You could also get the Moondrop May for a bit more and have a spare IEM (the USB-C cable is the same as the Free DSP). Cheers!
  7. F

Moondrop May USB-C Headphones Review

I think you should try it yourself if you have questions on the fit? If you want to know how it sounds, you can try to EQ your Zero Red to sound like the May (passive) using Squiglink.
  8. F

That makes sense thank you! So basically: flat EQ + passive response = passive response
  9. F

Thanks Jimbo. I'm still wondering... how do you know ? I see that Phenoez8 wrote: But when I look at the presets, I don't see the "Flat" one: Help ! o_O
  10. F

I'm a bit lost in all those responses... What's the FR when you unbox the product and plug the USB-C in your phone "as-is" ? (without using the Moondrop app) Is it the same as the "passive" because the DAC doesn't EQ anything by default ? Thanks !
  11. F

Apple USB-C dongle alternative with microphone compatibility

Here was the answer I got from support about this bug:
  12. F

Any news Frost_ ? Maybe this could help https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/usb-noise-ground-loop-best-solution.51732/ If that doesn't work, maybe converting the USB signal to optical could ? Ex: PC --> Topping D10S ----> Topping DX3 PRO+
  13. F

Apple USB-C dongle alternative with microphone compatibility

Anybody has experience with JCALLY dongles ? I found those models that seem to have microphone/call compatibility: Model Chip 32 ohms 16 ohms JCALLY JM6 CX31993 ? ? JCALLY JM6E CX31993 28 mW 50 mW JCALLY JM6 Pro CX31993 60 mW ? JCALLY JM80E ES9280AC 45 mW ? I'm looking for a...
  14. F

OP has problems with PC noise... I don't understand your "you need an amplifier" suggestion. If he uses the dongle as the DAC + a more powerful amplifier, wouldn't the noise (problem) be amplified? I personally recommend he tries a balanced DAC/amp. Sure, he could get a TOPPING DX7 Pro+ at 700$...
  15. F

Your PC is a noisy source to play music on a sensitive device (IEM). Unfortunately, it's normal that you hear noise sometimes. If you tried all your USB ports and still have the issue, you may have to go with a balanced DAC/amp. It's a bump in price but may be worth it in your case. This is...
Top Bottom