Recent content by Firegod

1. F

Edit: Photos Added F/S: Massdrop THX AAA 789 Headphone Amplifier

Sold. Can the Mods please delete this post so other forum readers do not need to scroll all the way down here, just to see it has been sold?
  2. F

I apologize for bumping my own post again. This is still available, and am asking for $220. I will pay for shipping cost through USPS or UPS, as these two have offices close to my home.
  3. F

I noticed the other day that Drop is selling a brand new 789 for about the same price. So, if you want to make another offer, that is fine with me.
  4. F

Edit: If you wish to pay for your own shipping, let me know. Also, if you have any questions, just send me a message and I will get back to you.
  5. F

Hello, Today I am putting up for sale a Massdrop THX AAA 789 Headphone Amplifier. I have only used it twice. I have tested both RCA and XLR inputs. I have not used the XLR output, as I do not have a balanced cable at this time. Comes in original box with original cables. I am asking for $260 and...
  6. F

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX AE-5

I had connected my 789 amp to the line out of the soundcard today and listened to it. I didn't use any level matching or special files, just used the same set of headphones(Sennheiser HD6XX). I personally could not hear any difference. So for now, I will just keep using the sound card only and...
  7. F

Some Beginner Questions About My Setup (Really Long Post)

Sorry about making my comment sound confusing when I said "right angle connectors". I looked online a little longer and using different keyword, I ended up finding those right angle XLR cables should I ever buy the D90 for a balanced setup and were wildly cheaper than the previous ones I posted...
  8. F

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I'm looking at buying this DAC, but don't know if I even need to. I recently made this post about this concern of mine and wanted some technical feedback on it. Sorry if I made that post too long. I just wanted to get all my questions done in one post. I also would like to know about the setup...
  9. F

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX AE-5

I have this sound card in my PC. But I also bought a THX 789 around the time (May 2018 for the sound card, Nov same year for the Amp) for whatever dumb reason at the time. I want to buy the Topping D90 and go balanced, but don't know if its worth it to do so. I made my own post in a different...
  10. F

I did look at Ghent Audio today, but did not see right angle connectors for XLR. I did however, find out that this website does have right angle connectors both male and female, in XLR.https://www.performanceaudio.com/ Prices for them are pretty good I believe, though they jump up when you add...
  11. F

I have a couple questions regarding my current setup and possible additional purchases. My current setup is not really crazy. I have a Creative Labs Sound BlasterX AE-5 sound card connected to a pair of Sennheiser HD6XX headphones from Drop(aka Massdrop). Now I also have a THX 789 and a AKG K7XX...
Top Bottom