Recent content by Fingerbib2000

1. F

Kali IN-8 V2s sound almost low-passed compared to Neumann KH80....

I got lucky with the KH80 price it seems as they've gone back to 'normal' price now from the store I brought them. I agree, it's apples and oranges, but was just curious about the discrepancy in that high end, especially compared to the Sony MDR-7509s.
  2. F

Thanks for your help, all. The Neumann's are in Free Standing Mode no other DSP. Output switch is 100db and the output gain at -5db. Kali's are next to them, dips switches 2 & 3 raised as they are next to wall. Output gain at +3db. Room is carpeted, has a small sofa but otherwise untreated and...
  3. F

Hi, I am currently A/B'ing 2 sets of monitors: Kali IN-8 V2 vs Neumann KH80's coupled with a KRK 10s Sub. In isolation, both systems sound good to my ears but holy moly, when I A/B the 2 sets with the same material the Kalis sound almost like they are low pass filtered compared to the KH80's...
  4. F

KH80 - transformer hum?

Thanks, Good to rule out transformer. FYI, there are no audio cables attached during my testing, it's just the speaker connected to mains. See vid attached in link (you may need headphones to hear the"hum"). https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmC_jh877FTgkQcBxq7zgj-LnO0U Am I being too precious/unrealistic...
  5. F

KH80 - transformer hum?

Hi all, Just received a new pair of neumann KH 80s and there is a very noticeable hum from them. It increases to a much louder level as I increase the output level switch to the loudest setting. The speakers have no audio source attached. Is this normal? It's very disappointing as I can hear...
Top Bottom