Recent content by Fimbul

1. Fimbul

SMSL M400 & M200 new dacs!

I do not have sound color settings on the M400, nor are they documented in the manual. Must be M200 exclusive, if they exist at all. Edit: Silly me, they have different chips, of course!
  2. Fimbul

I will not tell people what they hear or what the do not. However I will liberally make use of words like "supposedly", "alledgedly" and "subjective". ;)
  3. Fimbul

Sorry, I undertood "technical data" as measurments and "sound" as coloration. I may have lurked for too long. :D
  4. Fimbul

This site is all about measurments and asking about coloration is frowned upon. Backlash is probably iminent. Coloration would basically mean that the DAC measures badly. I however have a somewhat open minded approach to that. From what I've heard, the AK4499 delivers a punchy bass, above...
  5. Fimbul

As I said, I'm not able to listen to it right now and I'm afraid it will take quite some time for my amp to return. I noticed strong static noise on the left channel of my Emotiva A-100 (Emotiva kinda being infamous for shoddy QA), so I had to send it to the reseller, who - in the worst case -...
  6. Fimbul

Aren't there just as many that claim the opposite? I don't claim to understand it on the technical level, but I'm just as ready to aknowlege that people need some time to getting used to new stuff. People will happily report a room to be way warmer than it really is, when they arrive from...
  7. Fimbul

Then it seems to be a proprietary report and might be saved somewhere in the Audirvana directory. However it may be, I'd get in contact with Audirvana. This sounds like a software problem or something that Audirvana needs to figure out with SMSL.
  8. Fimbul

I take it this happens under Windows? A minidump is a kind of very detailed and technical error report in Windows, that's usually saved under C:\Windows\minidump\. You might want to send that to the Audirvana support. You will not be able to read or understand the report yourself, if you are not...
  9. Fimbul

Actually, you could send info like metadata via USB, but you'd have to tailor a driver for that, which would kinda defeat the plug'n'play feature of a DAC. Just saying there is no need to have a color screen on a DAC, if you're not using it. A nice colorfull spectrum analyzer would indeed be...
  10. Fimbul

Yeah it's nice, but apart from a blue/black gradient at the top and bottom, which is only visible in the main view, there isn't much application for it. It's not like it shows album covers or something! The little blue detail fits in nicely with my Emotivas blue LED and some other lights around...
  11. Fimbul

Hi, new here, but don't mind that. I have received my M400 today. I've ordered to Germany via HifiExpress during the pre-order discount and received it via Amazon prio. As Mandy promissed me, there was no additional customs tax. Originally I was after the Topping D90 MQA, but the M400 was...
Top Bottom