Recent content by PGansz

1. P

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

One of the reasons I struggle with this site is old as dirt topics appear at the top of the forum ‍- yikes.
  2. P

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

Full option E class is 100k. This isn't 2005.
  3. P

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Not to mention their white is called Bianco Avus. Not "Ferrari White."
  4. P

Does Erin state this material is for public consumption? Perhaps if he wanted it shared all over the web he would have done it...
  5. P

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

That's the mad tech guy from Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.
  6. P

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

I know how most feel about AR around here but watch his video on this exact subject and it's clear the subwoofer idea isn't the solution either. The amp still shuts down when watching movies at moderate to high levels. Personally, I don't watch movies at loud volumes (very rarely) so it...
  7. P

I think something changed with him around this time. In the not too distant past he used to do worthwhile comparisons of products by feature-sets to really help amateurs find value in products. Then it became voodoo gear and weird shit. I have heard many people talk about hearing differences...
  8. P

Or in the extreme case of Steve Huff, who has over time shown by my example, to proclaim products using one technology, are superior to another, only later to be outdone by the same technology implemented elsewhere because it cost more money. It's actually a joke when you watch it.
  9. P

I'm not speaking only about Tekton owners. There are dozens of companies who post bogus data about their products, even very well known organizations.
  10. P

It's not "if Amir gets sued". These snake oil audio companies publish marketing trash and false claims - they should be sued anyway. The Mini Lore says "extremely linear" and sensitivity and frequency responses +\-3db that are untrue objectively with the best measuring device in audio. There is...
  11. P

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

The issue here is that Wiim markets the product as a device for home theater. If they didn't advertise it like that then the issues wouldn't be so serious. But they do, and the amp doesn't have much power and clearly can't drive impactful bass if your speakers dip below 4ohm ratings...but...
  12. P

I don't want to pile on but that Guy really needs to stop digging the hole deeper. Go on a vacation for a week and come back after some R&R. Like I've always said, you can't trust a guy with two first names. \_('-')_/
  13. P

I had an ex like this. At the end of the day there's nothing funny about personality disorders. And to think, it was just a speaker review. Now the whole world knows this guy has serious issues; AND is representing his company in official capacity here AND openly lying about his behavior...
  14. P

Music Streaming Services: Tidal vs. Apple

That's a neat article but as a single resource is almost useless. There's no explanation of the units, or the scales mentioned, or a relative example to the real world. Meaning it's practically useless for me personally. At any rate, turning off "sound check" absolutely fixed the issue.
  15. P

Music Streaming Services: Tidal vs. Apple

Thank you for the link and thoughts on this. However, the problem is every song played sounds like it's behind a curtain. Maybe I have an ear infection...
Top Bottom