Recent content by Fernand

1. Fernand

Virtual Oscilloscope vs Digital Oscilloscope

An extension of the all in one phone, computer, TV, bidet and eavesdropper. I was talking to customer support recently, and said I'd have to go look for my phone where I'd stored the serial number. Actually got up to go look when I realized I was talking on the very device. Like looking for the...
  2. Fernand

Budget DAC Review: behringer UMC204HD

FWIW I found a replacement for my dead Behringer FCA1616, a Firewire interface from Presonus with 8 good mic preamps and balanced I/O with ample headroom for professional "+4" studio gear. Firewire gives shorter latencies than USB, so I'm happy. These particular FireStudio Project units have...
  3. Fernand

I'm very grateful to see threads like this that contribute to liberation. Liberation from BS. Liberation from a cruel game of snob-appeal that makes so many of us with limited funds keep chasing our tails on meaningless upgrades. Liberation from feeling down and deprived if we can't afford the...
  4. Fernand

First time poster. The UMC204 and 404 are not "DACs", they are interfaces for DAWs used in audio production. Today's "chips" are excellent, Behringer uses the same chips as everyone else, so many studio people happily pay 1/2 or less of what more famous brands charge, and are willing to put up...
Top Bottom