Recent content by Feelas

1. Feelas

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Yea that is a sore spot in K371 that shows in many FR diagrams, that there are some weird 2nd harmonic things happening...
  2. Feelas

Proximity effect and the psychoacoustically wrong target FR curves

What is important to add, is that volume & distance binding is relative towards the current momentary dynamics, much like contrast. Eliminate the dynamics and you can no longer tell the distance. One more important aspect is that there actually *are* successful (based on hardware) solutions...
  3. Feelas

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

Do you think that mixes done on/assisted by MDR-7506 will translate well?
  4. Feelas

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

keep in mind that separation is a lottery, heavily reliant on driver matching quality
  5. Feelas

Replacement pads for AKG k371

How did you buy them and where do you live? Ovals are fine, but midrange is really recessed & unclear.
  6. Feelas

Wondering whether some kind of dropshipping is possible... I just got my Brainwavz's oval velours & standard ovals; from short testing, neither do justice to K371. People who complain about narrow centered soundstage would probably be happy with velours. Widens up the perceived soundstage...
  7. Feelas

Those 5125515-00 do show up in Google (albeit from some obscure Japanese shops) so they do exist as separate parts... AKG, what the heck is this even?
  8. Feelas

What region are you in and which supplier responded that they have it? Looks like a very useful information to have.
  9. Feelas

Harman preference curve for headphones - am I the only one that doesn't like this curve?

With regards to speakers - of course. As for headphones, the field looks like it's barely being explored, honestly which is precisely why the Harman discussion looks strange. As such, DSP limits in HP still looks hard to assess, discuss even. It's because the headphone research in general is...
  10. Feelas

Harman preference curve for headphones - am I the only one that doesn't like this curve?

Exact target no, but a suiting, universal approximate of actual "speakers + HRTF" shape is a usefil approximation. Much better at it that BD's "high treble kinks" or different nonsense curves like Grado etc. The rest of FR shape (apart from smoothness + non- peakiness) barely matters in age of...
  11. Feelas

That was exactly what I intended to show (that it's a well-known effect for years) through this figure of speech & inferring "amps had it for years => it is well known".
  12. Feelas

For like 30 or 40 years there have been audio amplifiers with a 'loudness' button toggle which applied corrective EQ specifically for listening quiet or loud. The problem is with the fact that you cannot (you can guess) assume what loudness the person mastering used (=which EQ is correct). I...
  13. Feelas

Bumped a question to US Harman Pro, got an interesting answer. Earpads being under warranty, I'd believe these would get rejected as improper usage. In any case, I'll see if I can get them to feel guilty enough to pass to Project Managers that they should start selling them, no high hopes...
  14. Feelas

I'll probably have to drop-in the replacement pads sooner than later, wondering between Dekoni Choice Suede and Brainwavz Ovals. Are the Ovals also made from PU which will flake in like 2-3 years?
  15. Feelas

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

Is the headband polyester now or still velour though? Good to know that they didn't change the pads.
Top Bottom