Recent content by Farenheit

1. F

The kit we bought, our current setups

Extra bonus: this is my cat Mephistopheles (aka Satan) acting as Wally and bass trap. Where is Wally? He hates REW sweeps, but loves CAT Stevens' music.
  2. F

The kit we bought, our current setups

This is my thing. The music I listen to is mainly pink noise and REW sweeps, and very very very occasionally rock music.
  3. F

KEF RDM ONE, ¿ferrofluid change?

I got these little coaxial speakers from the 90's but it sounds awful. I have measured the tweeter at 1 cm. with and without your passive filter and something seems to be wrong. The measurements of the other speaker are similar, but not identical. Is the dried ferrofluid to blame? Thank you.
  4. F

Why do passive speakers still exist?

Amir references his passive and active speaker tests to his Revel passives. I leave it there ...
  5. F

JBL S3100 Active Filtering

Hola amigos, Quería interpretar a Greg Timbers (en adelante Dios) y me salió mal. He intentado REW midiendo la respuesta de la bocina a partir de 650 Hz (punto de cruce declarado de 750 Hz) para implementar los filtros sugeridos, pero suena horrible. Estaba midiendo a 1 metro y también en el...
  6. F

Review and Measurements of Schiit Aegir PWR Amplifier

I SINN, I bought one of these to active amplify the horns of my JBL S3100. The woofer will go on with my trusty YAMAHA P3500S and whatever God wills...
  7. F

Help me with car choices, please

You play hard, mate!
  8. F

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

It doesn't turn on when receiving any signal, but when you turn it on manually, it remembers your last input selection.
  9. F

Equalizer Questions

DBX 390
  10. F

Best (affordable) way to decouple my speaker stands?

Total disaster, but we are in a scientific forum and I had to prove it scientifically. The speakers danced to their own beat and he wasn't about to lose them around the house. Note: My health is fine.
  11. F

Best (affordable) way to decouple my speaker stands?

Attention!: As you can see in the attached photo, tomorrow I am going to place a camera wheel under my 57 Kg (125 lb) JBL 3100S to isolate it from the ground. The floor is driftwood. If the camera wheel doesn't blow up and give me a heart attack, I'll tell you the results...
  12. F

Heard a Revel and JBL Synthesis for the first time: F208, F228Be, 4367. A surprise for sure!

30 years ago I changed my PROAC STUDIO 100 for JBL 4330, nothing more radical! I never went back to "conventional" speakers and just traded these in for my current JBL S3100. I don't know why, but the horns+big woofers+high sensitivity sound like "music" to me and the conventional ones sound...
Top Bottom