Recent content by escott82

1. E

Audyssey Room EQ Review

I turn off audyssey before I eq the subs. I run audyssey after I get what I want with audyssey off. Then I run audyssey, then go into the app and take off all the eq it is doing to the subs down to 20hz. That leaves what I did originally but has the correct distance for the subs. I’ll check to...
  2. E

Audyssey Room EQ Review

I like limiting the eq in audyssey to under 500hz and doing my own eq on the subs with minidsp’s. If you limit the frequency audyssey corrects to the adjustment you can do in the editor for the curve is limited to that frequency and under I believe also.
  3. E

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

Don’t have to believe anything I say. Different crossover parts quality will change the clarity and same with what’s in the signal path. If you can’t understand this or haven’t heard it that’s fine.
  4. E

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

I’d imagine measurements wouldn’t change just like crappy binding posts and push on connectors to a straight connection don’t measure different. But get all the junk out of the signal path and you’ll hear a clarity difference even though it doesn’t measure different. I’d imagine the same to be...
  5. E

SVS MICRO 3000 First Impressions

Running speakers full range and trying to integrate a sub with that without a mic is almost impossible. You’ll create a big null where the speakers roll off be it in the 40-60 range. You’d really need a minidsp to cut the subs correctly and with the correct phase to align them together. Most...
  6. E

Monoprice Encore B6 Bookshelf Review (by Erin)

I always put the port plugs at the very end of ports. You think the internal port length would cause issues with things? I just thought it meant a little more airspace inside the box if it’s at the very end of the port
  7. E

Cardioid Loudspeakers - Are they worth it?

Wouldn’t a cardioid speaker be rather useless in a home theatre setup where you have subs? Seems like a lot of them have pretty high distortion in the 150 and under range anyway. I’d cross them over to subs just like my towers. So if you are using subs with them do they still benefit?
  8. E

Also another thing I noticed from the large wave guide I built. Without a phase plug the response after 9-10k drops off fast on axis. With a little round 5/8th sticker over the grill on the tweeter(cheap man’s phase plug) the response continues out to 15 on axis and even better off axis . If...
  9. E

Does anyone also measure with the ports plugged? I plug most my speakers since ports seem to add too much to frequency after 300hz I don’t want. I use subs anyway I don’t need super low speakers 80-100hz is good to me
  10. E

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Yes I learned that the wrong way. Didn’t know it changed it before I measured both.
  11. E

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Also, if you use the Audyssey app and limit bass freq under 20hz(so basically turning off bass eq) if you change it to flat this will turn back on eq for your subs and your response will be completely screwed up from your reference one. I noticed this turning on flat and remeasuring. I eq all my...
  12. E

Outlaw Model 5000 Multichannel Amplifier Review

Anybody test the 5000x model? Isn’t it class H just like the osd 5180 Nero?
  13. E

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

I think that is the 30 degree off axis measurement. That’s a pretty big off axis most normally not seen in seating position. I wouldn’t worry about that little bump too much.
  14. E

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

I have the same curiosity. I have a 1” peerless corundum tweeter and it would fit with some small modification to the hole(the magnet is slightly bigger). I thought about dropping it into the towers and measuring both without changing anything. The faceplate is bigger than the standard svs face...
  15. E

High pass filter for mains... or not?

I thought i just said pass. But yes of course it would be low passing at those freq in the Avr.
Top Bottom