Recent content by ergre

1. E

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

I don’t think it wil affect the mids. It is because of the output filter. The mids are going to have a low output impedance. I don’t know how your speakers are doing from 10 to 20khz or your ears for that matter. If you really think this matters maybe experiment with a zobel filter or something
  2. E

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Better find out why so many doctors used blood letting in the past rather than let our current medical limitations dismis it?
  3. E

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodletting
  4. E

Even anti-vax people are smarter than audiofiles saying “You don’t hear it because you are not blessed with my amazing magical powers”. Apparently.
  5. E

Nice for you but according to science it is only your imagination. I believe science because of its amazing track record. If we would use your method we would still treat every disease with bloodletting.
  6. E

That is not what I was asking about at all. For example when you measure a box you need 3 measurements because of the idea of a box we have. I can think of all kinds of problems when I measure that box. Maybe it is not that rigid or something. When you think about it more in theory what...
  7. E

I think you need to think a bit harder about the model of the system and how that relates to measurement. I am not saying that I know but you seem very unclear about that for someone with your experience. maybe that is something that can help you make more sense.
  8. E

The dynamic compression is a form of nonlinear distortion and I see that Amir measured that at different levels indeed. I am also pretty sure that someone can estimate that and that it wil be very low. Impedance has more to do with what the amplifier sees and only is audible when the amplifier...
  9. E

They would influence the the respons. Those are more about the precision of the measurements Not the completeness. It is not the same situation as with a loudspeaker where indirect sound has an influence on what you hear and a frequency response would be incomplete.
  10. E

Why not? It is a single driver no crossover and it is very close to the ear. for A loudspeaker I can understand but for headphones?
  11. E

There are also distortion graph in Amir’s review. they are the measurements that indicate how linear the system is. So purely mathematical speaking he has covered both linear (frequency response) and not linear ( distortion ) cases. That Is it.
  12. E

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Is a 1khz tone not also a result of 19+20 kHz intermodulation?
  13. E

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

Maybe it is not relevant but it is expected. If you did hear a difference that would really be strange. There would maybe be some difference in the compliance if we believe the people who say break-in is real giving a bit of a change in the lower end. It is not a particular sensitive part of our...
  14. E

They have one fundamental resonance frequency together in a closed box. You see that when you look at the electrical impedance curve. A reflex box is pretty much the same thing as a closed box but with an extra resonance added in the form of a port. That also is a spring and mass system. No I...
  15. E

Maybe I don't understand you but it really does change the bass response. In fact you need to compensate for the reduced acoustic resistance at low frequencies and that is where you need that resonance. For a simple example look up how to design a closed box speaker.
Top Bottom