Recent content by Elmar.F

1. E

Marchaudio P501 Mono Block Power Amplifier Review

A bit off topic but I'd much appreciate a response. Assuming you have a speaker like the one tested here and you listen mostly to highly dynamic music like you mentioned above how much power is needed to drive these speakers without audible or with an acceptable amount of distortion? (Listening...
  2. E

What is Alan Shaw on about? (is "coloration" unmeasurable?)

True. Administration of a user group is a marketing activity and mainly serves marketing purposes. I am aware of that.
  3. E

Didn't like the bass bump @ 100Hz and the slight hardness in the high frequency.
  4. E

In this thread (please delete if external links are not allowed) Alan Shaw talks about the 'essence of fidelity and coloration' and concludes that 90% of modern loudspeakers fail in reproducing uncolored human voice: "That said, in a recording control room that is adjacent to the recording hall...
  5. E

Do you know of a speaker brand other than Harbeth who prioritize voice reproduction in the designing process?
  6. E

What an odd thread. Meanwhile it should be common knowledge that Harbeth is one of the few manufacturers, if not the one and only, whose speakers reproduce recorded speech in the best and truest sense. Not one speaker brand matches Harbeth in this regard probably.
  7. E

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Received the WiiM today, instantly set it up and streamed Tidal controlled by the WIIM Home app on my Android phone. So far, very good sound without stuttering issues. My current signal chain: WiiM Mini -> RME ADI-2 --> Sabaj A8 (bridged) --> Castle Richmond IV
  8. E

That's what I'm going to do, thank you. I'll be ordering the WIIM to see how it competes with the BOSS2 feeding the RME's analog in. Another option would have been the Allo Digione Signature as it has digital out but it is currently not available and don't forget its relatively high price.
  9. E

Thank you. Would it be possible to integrate the WIIM in my LMS-based Allo BOSS2 server/player to feed my RME ADI-2 via TOSLINK? I mean using the BOSS2's piCore OS w/ material skin and sending files via WiFi to the WIIM? The WIIM would only be the 'player' in this case.
  10. E

When using the WIIM mini streaming Tidal, the cell phone itself is only the remote, right? Tidal streaming is done by the WIIM, not by the phone, isn't it?
  11. E

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Hmm. 1) I will try out Option 3 @ https://www.picoreplayer.org/ to have the Boss2 stream from the Synology NAS and (as another option to replace the NAS in the near future) to stream music from a Hard Disc attached to the Boss2. 2) Alternatively I will try out Moode and see if Moode is able...
  12. E

Thank you so much. I think I'll pull the trigger and get a Boss2.
  13. E

Thanks, johan. Which software would you recommend to navigate through the library. 'Random playing' and 'parametric EQ' are a must have. Regarding the Wifi dongle: BGN or Dual Band ACBGNA. Would you be so kind to explain the differences?
Top Bottom