Recent content by elberoth

1. elberoth

Roon Nucleus One

There is a (first?) review with pics: https://www-lowbeats-de.translate.goog/test-roon-nucleus-one-preiswerter-komplett-musicserver/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=wapp It seems it uses some basic 4-core Celeron CPU, 8GB RAM and 128GB of (onboard?) storage. The fan used is...
  2. elberoth

Down4Sound JP95 Car Amplifier Review

Nice to see some car audio amps tested!
  3. elberoth

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Their internal naming is confusing. All the new DACs beeing offered by Bricasti - be it regular M1 and SE - are MDx models. MDx upgrade brings a completely new digital board (even if you opt not to have the Ethernet card fitted). I know first hand, as I have helped friend to replace it it his...
  4. elberoth

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

It is not. Original SE version has been been superceded by MDx model a few years back (easy way to tell them apart is the Ethernet input on the later). What we see here is basicly a 2011 design. The SE model had the SMPS replaced with a linear PSU and USB input added back in 2015, but was...
  5. elberoth

230v to 120v Leema Tucana

99% of gear made nowadays has dual primaries (2x115V) which can be configured for both 115V and 230V operation. Sometimes manufacturers make it easy putting a switch, sometimes there is a jumper and sometimes you need to rearrange some wires. Look at the transformer, if it says 2x115V, then...
  6. elberoth

Music Streamer Transport (“MST”) vs Audiophile Fanless Silent computer

Samsung 990 drives are an absolute waste of money plus they come with extra heat problem. OS drive: Samsung 970 Evo Plus has all the speed you would plus much less heat generated compared to 990 Storage drive: Samsung 870 SATA drive is all you need (lower cost and ZERO heat). In my...
  7. elberoth

Raspberry : power supply with LT3045 regulator (low noise)

Perfectly possible. Not sure I would go that far tho - I would probably limit myself to tweeking the main 5V power input with Ian Canada bits:
  8. elberoth

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

Great review Amir. This has been my experience with Stax 009 as well. At first you wonder "OMG, how much?" then you put them on and ... can't stop smiling. One thing you missed to mention is how comfortable they are for long listening sessions.
  9. elberoth

Ugliest component ever created

That is a work of art.
  10. elberoth

Can someone comment on the build quality of this LPS - Thanks!!!!

Get this one instead. LHY Audio is a reputable chineese brand: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804636423034.html
  11. elberoth

Purifi/Hypex Ncore for the car, how?

Any success with Biketronics amps? I'm considering one for my 964 build.
  12. elberoth

Paris Audio Video Show 2022

Thanks, but I'm asking how many rooms they had. I can estimate the # of vistors from the crowds and # of rooms. You would be surprised, how many shows post inflated visitors #s (to put it mildly). To have 11k visitors, they should have at least 150 rooms, at that is considering HUGE crowds on...
  13. elberoth

Paris Audio Video Show 2022

How many rooms did they had at the show? 11.000 that is A LOT of people ...
  14. elberoth

Okto DAC8 Pro - open to new orders

What is the current retail for Okto 8 Stereo in EUR ? The website shows just out-of-stock, without the price given.
Top Bottom