Recent content by Einar

1. E

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

Sure. It works the same in both modes. Though I found it occasionally buggy and playing the DSD as pcm (I guess) generating a horrible noise.
  2. E

Pitching in with the other two above. I use an external power switch to remove power completely and it retains all settings between sessions. Not sure if that is stored in non volatile memory, but it sticks for at least a week.
  3. E

@xerxes2 The most underwhelming thing with the amp is the noise floor which is audible on my IEM:s. Though if you have headphones in the "sweet sport", not sensitive enough to have an audible noise floor but still sensitive enough to be driven to decent levels, the unit should be overall ok. Not...
  4. E

I just got my unit and have a few concerns. The input selector gives a bit of noise when used. The remote is mislabeled where volume and level is switched. Volume does nothing. Level changes volume. And as many have stated, the headphone amp is pretty underwhelming. But my big problem is the...
  5. E

Which component to upgrade next for improved sound quality

I know that they will never be as accurate as unidirectional speakers (Is that the correct term) and aiming for highest precision is unrealistic. What I am dissatisfied by? As I said, nothing really. But provided that my amp has a SNR of ~90dB I thought that would be an audible improvement. And...
  6. E

As I understand is implied by @Mnyb And @Frank Dernie Maybe I have an as good as possible system as any electronics can support from a SQ perspective (Not taking features into account here). And that the only thing I can do to improve SQ are speakers, positioning of them and room treatment...
  7. E

"Not every new member is a troll from another forum, OP seems quite genuine in seeking assistance here." @JSmith I am very genuine in my question. And I did get a few decent answers. Still I get a bit disappointed in the discussion when I say that I currently have A, B and C. A will not change...
  8. E

I might have gotten caught in the "Carlsson cultists" grasp and I will explore other speaker options a bit further. Are you familiar with the OA-12 speakers, @3125b ? They might be old, but I have not heard any modern speakers in the ~10-15K range compare to them when fitted with modern drivers.
  9. E

Not sure about the reasons for your replying "do whatever you want." Of course I will do that, but I am also asking for advice for my specific case. I am genuinely asking a quite precise question at a newbie part of this forum. My impression so far is that even Stackoverflow has a more n00b...
  10. E

I know that is the standard reply. Not very helpful though. With that reasoning all amps and sources are equal. And if they are, this site is kind of pointless.
  11. E

Im hopping to get "newbie" pointers from the forum, though the equipment I have indicates more of me being an old dog. I drive a couple of fully renovated Carlsson OA-12 (Swedish speaker from mid 70:s) with a Nad 302 in good renovated condition (Slightly upgraded version from 1995 of the...
Top Bottom