Recent content by EERecordist

1. E

Help comparing these woofers specs for Tactile Response use please

If you have not already considered other ideas, there are ways to do this with shaker transducers and products like the SubPac. I often suggest the DBX subsonic synthesizer.
  2. E

warm sonic signature

Here is one description https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/eq-compression-cheat-sheets-word-descriptions-of-timbre-for-instruments.53298/ In pro audio, the words usually would be used to make an immediate adjustment to SW or HW settings, then the settings would be...
  3. E

Extreme Snake Oil

I think we found actual snakes! These will bite, around your neck, this will constrict:
  4. E

A Call For Humor!

This is a pedal. I don't understand it. It is made by Hologram Electronics.
  5. E

First dac. Help me to choose.

Welcome to ASR. Have you tried https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Reviews/? Select electronics. There you sort on SINAD, price, recommended, or date. From the ASR measurement database, SMSL D-6s is inexpensive and well respected.
  6. E

Test Merging’s Anubis interface

Merging Technologies is a long running Swiss Company. Pro audio can enter the snake oil realm and very few Audio Precision measurements are published on professional gear. From memory they prided themselves on the clock.
  7. E

Op Amp Rolling

I think it is notable the op amp was invented at Bell Labs! I have traveled the op amp journey in my audio career. Ideally they are a high impedance differential input device with low input current needs, gain, low noise, a high gain-bandwidth product, reasonable voltage supply variation, and...
  8. E

DAC under 200€ for new newbies

Welcome to ASR! With the PC you can find free audio measuring tools once you finish this project. While not entirely free on the hardware side, the REW freeware, whatever DAC you buy, an ADC like the Cosmos, and a calibrated microphone allows very good measurements. Those parts are subject of...
  9. E

Data on US Mains Power & Expensive Options

In the world of utilities and engineers we measure and ensure power quality. It is measured by power quality recorders like a Dranetz. Data center power engineers buy or rent these. How good is utility power? Really good, here is the science...
  10. E

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

I think when you are a teen you choose your musical interests. I never went through a metal phase. Movie director Penelope Spheeris made a music documentary The Decline and Fall of Modern Civilization Part II about metal music. Her conclusion was that it was cosplay to provide a safe outlet for...
  11. E

Designing Speakers For Music As You Would Experience It Live - Interview with Roy Delgado

We had this problem with a producer who was a brass player. The sound on stage from a section is not what the audience hears. I would also expect a lot of hearing loss in players of even acoustic instruments.
  12. E

Designing Speakers For Music As You Would Experience It Live - Interview with Roy Delgado

Klipsch is a consumer brand. They had some unique LF cabinet designs. They have had horns in their range. They successfully coasted on that. JBL has always had more engineering resources to design horns and horns have been found in their studio monitor range on and off. They use software to...
  13. E

AI and Future of Music Production

I don't think this has been discussed. Major social media platforms license music from the owners. That incluses Tik Tok, YouTube, etc. Universal was unable to agree with Tik Tok on licensing terms. It is reported the issue was extremely low payments to the musicians and user-created AI content...
  14. E

Video Camera Glasses

We have high expectations for video and sound now. So your production will benefit from a lavalier as close to your mouth as possible. Then you might want to run your footage through software to remove the shakeycam. Some of the repair video channels use more than one camera on tripods, and you...
  15. E

Interesting new studio speaker design from present day production

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/presentdayproduction-mum-8 On axis and +- 20 degrees vertical measurements.
Top Bottom