Recent content by EchoChamber

1. EchoChamber

RME ADI-2 DAC vs. D90+A90 vs. Burson Conductor 3

Not everyone will agree with me, I’m not an expert either, just a seasoned enthusiast.
  2. EchoChamber

I don’t think it is snake oil (because we’re talking about well engineered products), but we are “splitting hairs” and it is hard to know what’s being perceived is real or not. I did like the ADI-2 headphone output when I had it on my desk and it worked well with my Sundara’s. Without trying to...
  3. EchoChamber

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

If you are ordering from the US, keep an eye on shipping progress. IME, audio gear has a tendency to get stuck in customs. If that’s the case call the courrier and ask what information is missing. Once they have what’s needed to clear customs it moves fast. DHL thought my pair of Genelec 8030C...
  4. EchoChamber

FWIW, my subjective experience with the A90 was that it “softened” the sound a bit. I felt it had less “byte” than the Schiit Magnius I bought out of curiosity and ended up keeping instead. Also a better match visually for my stack with the Modius. And much cheaper too... I noticed that (subtle)...
  5. EchoChamber

Adam T8V Studio Monitor Review

Well engineered and executed studio monitors are hard to beat... Since I moved to Genelec, my systems are much more capable... I often find myself in awe in front of all the information I've been missing...
  6. EchoChamber

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

My understanding is that their suppliers are not always able to deliver... I can visualize tens of Dac8 spread on benches waiting for their missing part. It is worth the wait though...
  7. EchoChamber

AudioQuest Wind High-end Cable Review

These look really nice! Wow! As good as pro audio cables it seams... Amir, please indulge us and also test the really cheap ones... The ones that have both signal conductors glued together with the molded plastic connectors.
  8. EchoChamber

AudioQuest Wind High-end Cable Review

lol... This is snake oil at its best... I do like cables though, so I build them myself using pro audio cables and connectors that are shielded, super flexible, visually discrete (especially in light colors - no bling), and I have fun doing it... At least I know they are at the same level as...
  9. EchoChamber

Best speakers in the world?

They are huge though... And lack modern technologies such as optimized amplification and room correction. I’m sure they sound amazing as passive speakers, but we can do better.
  10. EchoChamber

Dealer markup is a big factor on the price and they are branded as a luxury product. Those 2 Manhattan stores cost real money... Fit an finish is also premium. These don’t affect sound quality AFAIK. That being said, I do like their modern outrageous look and would probably be tempted to buy...
  11. EchoChamber

Plenty of bass for my needs, really, it shakes my 1935 suburban house... And I have to watch the volume levels. Low distortion makes it easy to listen to them louder than I should. Play some Doja Cat or Trentemoller and you’ll see what I mean. Even my smaller 8030C’s sound very powerful and deep...
  12. EchoChamber

8351B’s in my main system fed digitally directly from my computer using GLM for volume (that’s the critical listening setup - I also use the analog inputs for less critical listening through the Dac8). And a pair of 8030C’s in my home office for “work music”. I just moved from passive speakers...
  13. EchoChamber

Best speaker to an environment (or room) I think would be more appropriate. The designs that try to address the room are IMO the best ones today (independent of price). I find my humble Genelec monitors excellent, as transparent as I ever had in my home. Not bright or fatiguing either. The best...
  14. EchoChamber

Impressive, but these would never fit in my living room... And in 2020 I’d expect fully integrated amps with low distortion and noise levels optimized for the drivers plus room correction. Especially at this price point. What I see are big boxes with expensive drivers and “premium” parts built...
  15. EchoChamber

Money does not equate good sound... I’ve listened to uber expensive systems in private dedicated rooms in the NYC area when I was more actively engaged as an audiophile and was never wowed... I always felt these systems sounded colored, hyped or masked some musical information... They were loud...
Top Bottom