Recent content by eatapc

1. E

Latest Guttenberg Video talks about measurements

You might be surprised about the products he's turned down. (He's told me about a few that surprised me.) In any case, although all his reviews are overall positive, he does try to compare every product with a few others that he has in-house -- and he's not shy about pointing out strengths and...
  2. E

Steve has been very clear about why he doesn't review products he doesn't like. He has turned down countless products from designers/manufacturers that he otherwise likes after he's heard them. I don't want to speak for Steve, but I'd like to speak up for him. He's genuine and a good "people...
  3. E

Steve has listened to thousands of components I have not had access to. His experience makes him a good reviewer (or "influencer, if you will). I don't always agree with him, but he's good at what he does. Also, he knows me well, so when I ask him about speakers that he's reviewed positively, he...
  4. E

Great, thoughtful comments, Matt. Thanks. I was trying to be brief but provocative, controversial but not trollish. That we can’t always trust our ears is something I firmly believe. I’ve debated it many times with audiophile friends, but this is the first time I’ve “come out” about it on a...
  5. E

In my defense, it was totally ad hoc. Steve and I had discussed doing an episode about "living with Maggies." However, Steve decided it would be more interesting to open the discussion to other topics. He showed me his list of questions just before he started recording; I did not prepare...
  6. E

Legacy Wavelet Attempted Review (Speaker Processor)

So here we have a 6-year old product on loan from a member who knew of -- and informed Amir of -- the unit's complicated history. Clearly, the unit was damaged. It seems highly irresponsible of Amir to review a defective product of dubious origin. He calls it an "attempted" review, but...
Top Bottom