Recent content by DWG

1. D

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

The power draw of an amplifier varies with the sensitivity and impedance of your speakers and how loud you like to listen. Under normal listening conditions you should have no issues. Also a 15 amp breaker is not going to trip the very instant that 15A goes through it. There is a time/current...
  2. D

@howarmat Which model do you have? How difficult was the installation? Who did you send the e-mail to? While I am using XLR-XLR cables and have no issues I'd like to install the shield in case my situation changes.
  3. D

Apologies @Mistar Muffin if my earlier remark came across as insensitive. Using the word "nitpicking" was probably a poor choice of words and I didn't fully consider how this issue was affecting others. For me, the noise on even numbered channels was almost inaudible (maybe my new unit has the...
  4. D

FYI. I believe the 8125 (lower powered amp) is currently on sale for $1499. It may have all the power you need.
  5. D

The Monoprice site has some nice detailed Audio Precision test reports, although not quite as thorough as Amirs. Also this site has detailed reports of the NC502MP multichannel amp provided by Buckeye. Since they both use they same modules similarily configured, my guess is they would measure...
  6. D

Speaker choices

Hapo. Curious what you tried and which one you selected (and why)?
  7. D

I want to use a digital recorder for ripping vinyl. Is this a good idea?

I use a portable Tascam digital recorder that records at 44.1k/16 bits (it might do better but I dont use it) and it cost less than $100. Once the recording is done (make sure peaks dont exceed 0dB), I plug the recorder into my computer and download the WAV file into my PC hard drive. Then I...
  8. D

Speaker choices

Sounds like you've selected some good choices. I own Ascend Acoustics and can recommend the RAAL towers, but pricewise they're in the neighborhood of the ML Motion. I've heard the Paradigm Founders Series and liked them. I didnt find them bright (but I'm 61 so high frequencies may not be as...
  9. D

@MonolithGuy Maybe Hobie can answer this
  10. D

I'm curious what this fix is? Centered in the green box is an "L" shaped bracket. Also that it is three months later, does the current product shipping have this fix? I am considering the 8250x
Top Bottom