Recent content by Durnik

1. D

Crapware

MS Edge, Cortana, Windows Store, Xbox software...
  2. D

Asimov Foundation

Galactica (modern series) did it pretty well too.
  3. D

Solid Snake-Oil Storage: This SSD Is Aimed at Audiophiles

I think that there's some choice for this to be true. In my case, my SSD is not an audiophile one and it only does well cappuccinos and Amazon purchases (is an special buyer design that can make any purchase cheaper), but I could think of a well-designed audiophile SSD, compensating defective...
  4. D

Best mind bending movies you have watched so far?

Gattaca, The sixth sense
  5. D

Where do you guys get your binaural recordings?

Try Amber Rubarth - Seasons from the 17th ward. This is a good example of a musical binaural recording. In YouTube you can find pretty decent simulations using Queen's (and other bands) songs.
  6. D

Decent IEMs good for sleeping with

I'm sorry about that. In fact, I don't own the sleepers, but the S2000 (discontinued). The sound is decent, with good timbre, mid centered but quite extended, and the monitors quite disappear into my ears when I'm in the bed. Very enjoyable at low volume, too. I was told that the sleepers have a...
  7. D

Planar magnetic cans under 800eur.

I've owned the Anandas and now own the Focal Clear MG and listen mostly to metal plus prog. rock and jazz. When purchased the Anandas, I was listening to a lot of other cans in a store, including most Audeze models and: A- All can sound very nice when EQed B- Anandas were the cans I enjoyed...
  8. D

Focal clear cracking/metallic sound from left driver with deep bass.

Check for any hair or particle in the driver with good light.
  9. D

Decent IEMs good for sleeping with

Advanced (Adv) Sleepers
  10. D

Evidence-based Custom IEMs?

I'm very happy with NCM Bella (they have a very nice cheaper model too, which I owned before the Bella, and sent for upgrade to de latter, paying only for that upgrade). The manufacturer is based in Vietnam and has certain deserved reputation there. They are very responsive too if you have any...
  11. D

photo organizing software

I don't like Adobe either, but I hate Google the most
  12. D

Are a dac and an headphone amplifier really worth it vs my phone ?

I cannot be happier when listening to my (easy to drive) Clears MG on a Realme X2 Pro plus wavelet (streaming from Tidal). BTW I'm very surprised for how Wavelet can help to get very good audio from a lot of headphones. I mean, you can apply the automatic EQ for your model of headphones (if...
Top Bottom