Recent content by dumpingg

1. D

Reisong A10 EL34 Hi-Fi Audio Stereo Tube Amplifier Single-end Class - A Review

Just touching back into the thread here after a absence. I am still enjoying listening to my A10. In my setup the A10 is a second system to play with and experiment with tubes for fun. This is a measurement forum, so my review focused on measurements (good or bad). As my measurements...
  2. D

ctakim, I don't think I stated that there is any rare breed magic happening here. I too am experimenting with the tube amp as a second system. With the higher distoration numbers that I measured and graphed it does impact the sound. However, the dominate 2nd harmonic distortion with a...
  3. D

I am still comparing and listening the tubes. I will say that the KT77 plays louder and has a stronger presence and body to it. But as you can see in the measurements it comes at the expense of furthering the fall off effect of the top frequencies on the A10. If I had to pick a winner I would...
  4. D

I have spent some additional time measuring and tube rolling. The measurements below cannot be directly compared to my previous. I deleted the toslink DAC and just used my Focusrite USB Scarlett 2i2 for both input (measurement)/output (source). This change in measurement setup (deleting the...
  5. D

thanks for the comments. I also have a selection of alternate tubes that I will trying and measuring. I will post those results when I have them ready. For the 12AX7 pre-amp tubes, did you use an adapter or did you rewire the pin's directly on the A10? What adapter did you use?
  6. D

There is one question I have about my setup. The Reisong A10 says that it's input sensitivity is 750mv. My DAC at max volume is spec'ed at a more normal 2Vrms. So it is possible that I am driving the input of the Reisong too hot and causing distortion in my test setup? How would I check for...
  7. D

Reisong A10 Amazon Link China HIFI Audio Link I recently purchased a Reisong A10 amp from Amazon. This is a low powered Single Ended Triode (SET) Tube Amplifier. I wanted to give tubes a try and this seemed like a good starting point. As you will see by the measurements below, this amplifier...
  8. D

Quick Preout measurements Yamaha RX-A3060

I think that for power your biggest upgrade was a set of good subwoofers. Next upgrade would be driving the front speakers with separate amps. Next also driving the center speaker with separate power amp. Last would be powering the ceiling and surround speakers with power amps. The...
  9. D

I have been happy with my yamaha AVR 3060. However I am not a typical user. For two channel listening my audio pass thru a raspberry pi volumio player to a dac and then to my amps along with a nanodigi for an active crossover to my speakers. You can see here...
  10. D

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/critique-my-measurement-setup-panasonic-xr57-avr-example.10589/ You can see my setup in the link above. I cannot say with certainty that my test setup is highly accurate, but the numbers I got with the XR57 test where in the same...
  11. D

I don't know what stereo power amp to buy, or keep the A800

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WV7GMA2 12vdc triggered power strip.
  12. D

I have not encountering the problems you have described. However you might look into some of the optional settings on the yamaha that might account for non-linear volume adjustment levels. My settings: YPAO Volume ON. Adaptive DRC (A.DRC) OFF. Dialogue Level (Dialog Lvl) 1. Dialogue Lift...
  13. D

I have not noticed any non-linearity in the pre-out volume when listening to my hometheater setup. I regularly use the volume control on the yamaha in the range of -50db to -1db (as displayed on the HDMI video overlay.) Your P3500 amp has XLR inputs? How are you connecting your P3500 amps?
  14. D

How do I select that option in REW?
Top Bottom