Recent content by DrDen

1. D

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

You better look for used LA90 instead all that theory.
  2. D

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

My DAC has just 3,8V RMS, I use it with not that much attenuation as my previous DAC (5V RMS). Less digital attenuation — better sound.
  3. D

That’s why you should use low gain and not worry. I do this way. Never even tried to “reach the max power”.
  4. D

Surely better than any fancy conversion cable. Moreover, it’s headphone amp.
  5. D

It looks just like some of Musical Fidelity integrated amps. Horizontal ribs and central volume control knob. Nothing special.
  6. D

I’ve answered earlier. “Rated” means “nominal”.
  7. D

I see, you want “universal” amp, but it doesn’t exist.
  8. D

Since music usually is not just that low frequency sound, there is no need for extremely high current to reproduce such bass. There are high current amps though, if bass is everything for you, and if your speakers really need that current. Rated impedance is good enough to decide if amp matches...
  9. D

Taking in account all these peaks and dips of different speaker’s impedance, you will never find a “proper” amp. Everything depends of your speakers. Speakers are first.
  10. D

External PSU is better in every way, if you look for sound quality. LA90D can drive 4 Ohm load in bridged mode (LA90 only 8 Ohm), so it is more interesting already. I’m happy with single LA90, but I could buy two LA90D for my 6 Ohm speakers.
  11. D

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

As far as I know X-Sabre has 6,8V output via XLR. Using digital volume control inDAC would result too much attenuation, worsening the sound. On another hand, volume control in LA90 is not good as well (bypassing is recommended). So, using preamp makes sense (DAC maxed, LA90 volume control bypassed).
  12. D

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

AQ is obviously more known and advertised, but sounds more restrained.
  13. D

But every link means. Real music is not that simple to be reproduced flawlessly. But not everyone cares. That’s the matter.
  14. D

Okay. Why do I prefer Analysis plus Silver Apex to AQ Earth? Both cost the same.
  15. D

Well, are speakers also the same? Some of them are just more bulky and expensive, I suppose? Speakers are first. Any doubts?
Top Bottom