Recent content by drchen

1. drchen

Review and Measurements of NAD C 320BEE PWR Amplifier

Interesting to dig this review out! I bought a C320BEE back in 2016. Ever since, I paired C320BEE with a SONY CD/SACD player and B&W DM601 S2 speakers. I haven't tested though with other speakers or input, it sounds alright since I can't really turn the volume too big in my terraced house, which...
  2. drchen

ifi iPurifier3 USB Filter Review

Thanks, @amirm! I would have guessed the test results! I had the iFi iPurifer 2 USB filter, since I got the Topping EX5 which is mains powered and I am using its XLR output, there is no point in keeping such USB filter, I sold the iFi iPurifer 2 with iFi iDSD nano DAC. Though it would be very...
  3. drchen

Issues with Topping EX5 and desktop system setup

Hi folks, Just an update if anyone is interested, following the previous plan to use Neutrik EMC-XLR cable connectors. So the new XLR cables to 8010a speakers with Neutrik EMC are on now, which don't eliminate the mobile phone interference completely. If the phone is literally above the XLR...
  4. drchen

Just another thought, actually when the phone is close to the XLR connector to the 8010a speakers' end, the noise would come up if the phone is receiving the signal. So I think it is unlikely the chassis of the EX5 causing the problem. Unless 8010a speakers are just poorly shielded as well...
  5. drchen

I did for the returned one, when the aerial is on, it didn’t make a difference.
  6. drchen

Good thought! If it is the chassis problem probably new cables won’t work! Agree that the simplest and most effective solution is just to move the phone away or maybe find a sweet point where there is no interference (or just turn it into flight mode). Also since I don’t use the Bluetooth...
  7. drchen

Hi folks, just some updates: So I finally figured out what is going on with these noises, which I can’t really believe, it is some radio signal interference from my iPhone XR when sometimes it receives signals while close to the XLR connectors… Nothing was wrong with USB’s ground loop...
  8. drchen

Wow, thanks again for the experience! Very helpful! If USB works, I would try to stay on it. The other option that came into my mind again is TOPPING HS01 USB 2.0 High Speed Audio Isolator, it looks like it is more sophisticated.
  9. drchen

Topping HS01: Useful device or snake oil?

How Topping HS01 compared to iFi iDefender+? Are they the same mechanism?
  10. drchen

Just an update on the noise issues that occasionally happen, I suspect it is the same as: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/noise-while-moving-mouse-usb-ground-loop.10599/ Basically it is the USB noise, however I am very puzzle as I use XLR to XLR from my Topping EX5...
  11. drchen

Ah OK I see what you meant, so in windows the volume is always on 100%. On EX5 I turn it on roughly to 25-30 as displayed. Indeed it is the DAC directly controlling the DSD playback by foobar.
  12. drchen

On EX5, I just use the volume control knob or the remote controller.
  13. drchen

Thanks for the suggestion, removing iPurifer works! Sorry I didn't make it clear, the WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 is a USB cable: https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/wireworld-ultraviolet-7-usb-20-cable.html
  14. drchen

Thanks very much for such a detailed reply and the welcome! I actually tried yesterday evening, I removed iFi iPurifier from the setup, when I turned the PC on, the noise disappeared! It is apparently some active noise-cancelling stuff happening by iPurifier. I don't think I need this anymore...
  15. drchen

Dear all, Thanks everyone very much for reading this rookie post! I would appreciate any comments. I used to have my desktop set up as: My PC (Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4) > WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 > iFi Audio iPurifier 2 (USB Purifier) > iFi Audio nano iDSD (first version) > Neo by Oyaide d+ RXM...
Top Bottom