Recent content by doug

1. D

Is the Benchmark HPA4 still worth it these days?

What other HP amps are you referring to? My HPA4 is superb, btw. But it does play in a Benchmark stack.
  2. D

John Siau

I am just now reading about this horrible event. No words - just deep sadness.
  3. D

Review and Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil V2 DAC

That interview is just shameful - such flaccid desperation.
  4. D

Comparing Revel F208 and F228Be

No - none. I'm not sure I understand "diminishing returns hit like a hammer"? Are you saying that the F208 really doesn't deliver what its price might imply?
  5. D

I actually don't think there is one that close, and I'd still want to hear them in the environment here, using the gear I have.
  6. D

Hi - I'll preface this by saying that I don't post much here, but that I learn a lot from reading the posts here. So much so that I am a bit hesitant to ask this question, for fear I'll be beaten up for coming at this in a qualitative, non-measurement-based way. So thanks in advance for your...
  7. D

10/10 revel performa f208’s

I wish I lived a lot closer than I do. I’d jump on these.
  8. D

A high end DAC that actually isn't garbage.

When I read this in JA’s review, it gave me pause: “The PS Audio DirectStream ($5999) has been my go-to D/A processor since I purchased our review sample in 2014. While not the last word in resolution, its smooth-sounding presentation allows the music to communicate ...”
  9. D

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

If that's the case (which I doubt), then I'd come out ahead by selling the DAC3 HGC. My setup looks just like you'd probably expect it to look: minimal footprint, low-key, and for me anyway, end-game performance. And what the HPA4 did with my Senn HD800s 'phones still amazes me.
  10. D

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

I've been enjoying a full-stack Benchmark setup here for about 2 years now (DAC3/HPA4/dual AHB2) Qobuz-fed via a Node 2. Superb system in so many ways. Through it all, the only component that I'd even possibly consider as something I'd want to upgrade is the DAC3. And not because I don't like...
  11. D

DAC to suit Benchmark HPA4 and AHB2 Setup

If you’ll be using the HPA4 and 1 or 2 AHB2 amps, the DAC3 at least deserves a shot. They all work very well together for me. And their 30-day trial makes that easy.
  12. D

Review and Measurements of Benchmark HPA4 Headphone Amp/Pre

Keep listening to the HP4. That’s been my downfall with all of the Benchmark gear that I own. The shit just grows on you, and when you go back to other gear, to me, there was always something ... missing.
  13. D

I think the upgrade is aimed towards customers who want to use a third-party IR programmable remote control, instead of the one that comes from Benchmark. In that case, the cost seems justified to me, and in no way constitutes poor customer service.
  14. D

My comment was spot-on, and you contradict yourself.
  15. D

Good lord. Could you possibly be any more clueless? Please step away from your keyboard.
Top Bottom