Recent content by DosThou

1. D

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

I recommend any standard usb cable from a reputable/well reviewed non-boutique brand. Just make sure that it's a data cable as well. Stuff like this https://www.amazon.com/Rixmie-Charging-Thunderbolt-External-Transfer/dp/B0B49WCQX4 though maybe a tad overkill in term of bulkiness
  2. D

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

I honestly can't tell the difference between this and BHD pro in term of sonic performance. Only reason I wanted to upgrade was because this only has micro usb input and the volume jump is a bit too much otherwise, it was the dongle that convinced me to sell of the vast majority of my audio gear...
  3. D

oh yeah it's definitely not worth it if you're only gonna use it for the 3.5mm on an easy to drive phones
  4. D

Oh you're right, then the part 2 must refer to it having L version. fwiw, that's the one I'm using with no issue.
  5. D

No clue, no documentation but they're listed separately. It apparently says 'part 2' translated.
  6. D

fwiw, they have another firmware for 1.01 on their CN page http://www.tempotec.com.cn/chs/3-Support/driver.htm (titled 奏鸣曲BHD Pro 固件 V1.01第二部分) and I have had no issue using that (no weird noise or anything, the led does turn red when music stop playing). didn't have an issue with 1.00...
  7. D

afaik it's best to leave windows volume at max and use the hw button but honestly I just do that because it's more convenient.
  8. D

Thank you very much for the run down. I like the 1Vrms option best with my IEM and it seems the dac does save Dac_phcomp option without re-flashing (changed mine to phase-compensated which I assume linear phase vs minimum with low latency). One thing I'd like to correct though: LMX is the...
  9. D

I don't believe there is one. I'm using that driver with no issue on Win 11 for what it's worth.
  10. D

I had some pricey dac/amp over the years like that one r2r I forgot the name, rme adi 2, hugo 2, massdrop thx and this tiny thing just beat them all in term of subjective sound quality, it's absolutely crazy what we can get these days.
  11. D

EVGA NU Audio Pro Review (Internal Sound Card)

lol man that sounds like a highly specialized ATX board (maybe for bitcoin mining, but then why would you need a sound card for such a board?), mind if you tell me its model?
  12. D

EVGA NU Audio Pro Review (Internal Sound Card)

Man I must be getting old. I'd have been into these internal sound cards years ago if I still like to tinker with my PCs but nowadays I just want things to work in the most hassle free way and external USB DAC/ADC like the ones Creative offer would be my first choice if I ever need one...
  13. D

Loxjie D50 Review (Stereo DAC)

Topping has one here and is actually cheaper than international distributor. SMSL also has one (also cheaper if you factor import tax) but no Loxjie for some reason. Do note that I'm not against international distributor, I'm just not willing to gamble on one that's given me bad experience on...
  14. D

Loxjie D50 Review (Stereo DAC)

That's one optimistic quote for sure. Can't even get them to reply me about shipping problem I had until I hounded them on FB (ugh), granted it was a 'cheap' $150 purchase but that whole experience sure didn't give me any confidence in their whole brand, at least in term of support. Likely never...
  15. D

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

By the way, you got what you wished for, at an even bigger bargain: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/aiyima-a07-tpa3255-review-amplifier.18984/ I much prefer a single dac+amp unit with remote control for my usage though (got super easy to drive speakers too) so I'm...
Top Bottom