Recent content by donbernhardo

1. D

Full range floorstanders ~$4000 budget

@pseudoid At least for the Elacs this is the price for one Speaker on cruchfield
  2. D

Full range floorstanders ~$4000 budget

I just recently bought a pair of Elac Vela 407 and think they are amazing for sub 4k. The amount of low end extension coming out of these relatively small floor standers is unexpected. Something you would only think possible with some serious DSP wizardry but this is a passive speaker. The build...
  3. D

Low notes really do get people dancing.

These Guys figured it out a while ago: http://www.schlachthofbronx.com/blurred-vision/ I can only recommend to check them out if they are in your area. It is quite the experience <basshead out> :)
  4. D

Why isn't there a product in the genre of NAD C658, Mini DSP SHD, Cambridge CXN that isn't a POS?

@Rufus T. Firefly Yes I did read all the threads (back then before my purchase) and was also a little skeptical with all the complaints people had. All I am saying is that you should not disregard a product just because some lab measurement shows a certain performance metric subpar with other...
  5. D

Why isn't there a product in the genre of NAD C658, Mini DSP SHD, Cambridge CXN that isn't a POS?

What is the FUD you read about the C658 that scares you away? I have my C658 since 2019 with a C298 driving a pair of Focal Electra 1038 BEII and I can absolutely recommend the unit. I use it to stream with TIDAL connect and local files from my NAS. The BlueOS app is easy to use. I use the...
Top Bottom