Recent content by Don Kuleone

1. Don Kuleone

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

The only gear I m aware of needing burn in time are my ears….sometimes:)
  2. Don Kuleone

Apollon ships my dual mono ncx500 amp propably this friday. I pair it with a miniDSP Flex TRS as pre amp. So I will have 4V output voltage. I will use 20,5db gain.
  3. Don Kuleone

More bass…better soundstage…compared to what?
  4. Don Kuleone

Youtube music sounds terrible

And…the Spotify mobile app uses Volume Control by default. That means a DSP is causing all songs to be as same loud. If you listen via phone directly connected to the amp…well that can make an audible difference
  5. Don Kuleone

Yesterday I compared same songs/album from YTM an Tidal. YTM songs seem to be louder. In both cases I streamed via Chromecast Audio-minidspFlex-Purifi-Speakers. Beside the „loudness“ i could not recognize more audible differences. But Tidal feels better. Test song: Chantal Chamberlain -...
  6. Don Kuleone

I set it in Chromecast Audio settings. That is a streaming device. I use it for years now. Many CDs I have sound exactly like the YTM versions. I admit I never did a concious (technical) comparison since I never had issues with sound quality of YTM
  7. Don Kuleone

Im using YTM over years together with Google Chromecast Audio via optical connection. I deactivated EQ and dynamic compression. I hear no real difference to my CD collection.
  8. Don Kuleone

Review and Measurements of NAD T758 V3 AVR

I have a T758v3. NAD replaced it two times since the pre-outs generate a high frequence hiss in the speakers. I tried different amps. The distortion signal is audible at 3meters. The unit itself also emits a high frequency tone. Any experience on this? I‘m so dissappointed. I will keep sending...
Top Bottom