Recent content by dkalsi

1. D

Quick Question about Active Speakers Reviews

Hi All, I've been requested to help a fellow "audiophile" build an active speaker. I've built numerous speakers over the years, but they were all passive. My buddy has insisted to go the active route. To get started, we have a miniDSP-HD on hand. We've read through the various reviews here...
  2. D

New Mesanovic CDM65 monitors

What a beautiful speaker, and measurements to match! I’ve been wanting to try and build an active speaker. Just something basic with fusion plate amp - not chasing cardiod yet. My question is - when I read the reviews of various DACs on this website - there are some that are amazing, and some...
  3. D

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Thank you Curly & Linuxfan for responding. DAC ordered.
  4. D

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Having never purchased an external dac, I’m tempted to try this one. Quick (possibly dumb) question: can one essentially remove a a preamp out of their system and directly connect it to an amp? And control the volume via the DAC? I plan on using it with Chromecast audio via optical connection...
  5. D

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Believe it on not - Jon has a very modest tool inventory. I’m talking about a $400 table saw, and $500 in miter saw. He just has insane amount of patience, and is extremely methodical in his approach. I know because I ask him for help here and there. Interesting fellow for sure - (like 160+ IQ...
  6. D

Understanding How the Klippel NFS Works

Not sure if this question is answered here already, but I was curious if NFS allows one to predict what the speaker may sound like at typical listening distances (e.g. 2.5 meters). I’m just getting into DIY and I’ve read on multiple forms that that response should be optimized for typical...
Top Bottom