Recent content by direwolf08

1. D

Dirac Reviews

I have been thinking about doing exactly this with a MiniDSP Flex and amp for my media room. Can you share what switch(es) you are using?
  2. D

Squeezebox replacement...

My Wiim Mini’s show up as players in LMS once I installed the UPnP/DLNA Bridge plugin. Seems to work pretty well.
  3. D

HoloAudio Red questions

Ha! Me too! Then we’re in agreement that the Wiim Mini is best for ourselves, all things considered! :)
  4. D

HoloAudio Red questions

I looked and I only found data on GoldenSound. Didn’t find any measurement data on here. No doubt a solid set of jitter measurements, even if it is not apples to apples on how that data is taken or displayed in other places, like here on ASR. I’ll also say that the THD+N data for this streamer...
  5. D

HoloAudio Red questions

On the topic of expense, I haven’t seen the measurement data, but for me personally, I would not pay $1k for a Raspberry Pi-based solution that only has digital outputs and open source streaming software implementations. Raspberry Pi4B (4GB) boards are on sale on Amazon for $68 right now. I have...
  6. D

suggestion for a dedicated Linux distribution for music listening that works with a touchscreen

'Target device' refers to the LMS server with RPi as the target playback device, not MoodeAudio. For instance, in my house, I have LMS installed on my Mac mini server where I store my music library, and Wiim Mini's throughout my house are the target playback devices (via UPnP). Agreed that...
  7. D

suggestion for a dedicated Linux distribution for music listening that works with a touchscreen

MoodeAudio or LMS on your server with PiCorePlayer on the RPi target playback device. Volumio is also out there but is not free and I would not recommend it.
  8. D

Any interest in measurements of the La Rosita Gamma HD Streamer?

One with open source implementations of Airplay (ShairPort) and other streaming protocols, no less. And a case that looks DIY. Not that I can even afford a $16k streaming box, but this is clearly not targeting me.
  9. D

New McIntosh PS2K , 2,000 watt, quad-driver $50K subwoofer

Definitely agree. The McIntosh aesthetic is just not my cup of tea.
  10. D

Raspberry : power supply with LT3045 regulator (low noise)

Not the same thing, but once I bought an RPi4 power supply that had audible hum itself, coming from the wall wart. I could hear it during quiet parts of the music. I swapped it out.
  11. D

Recommended hardware for a streaming setup

As far as I can tell, the A300 does not have a digital input or built in DAC, though you called it a DAC. SMSL’s DACs usually have a model# that begins with SU or D. The Wiim Pro Plus has a much better built in DAC than the Mini and the Pro. On the other hand, if this is for more casual...
  12. D

Octavio Stream - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Thanks! I missed that response from him in the thread.
  13. D

Octavio Stream - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I gave it a shot, briefly. I couldn’t figure out how skip the setup process and I didn’t want to reset my Wiim(s) from scratch. So, I think the answer is maybe, but it does not seem to automatically recognize already setup Wiims. See below.
  14. D

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

Cover is removable, it was just off for the picture/when I play records. The mk5 had the reset button on the pitch adjust.
Top Bottom