Recent content by dimezis

1. D

Dayton Audio EMM-6 and the dubious calibration file

Mine looks pretty much like yours and I also have some doubts that it's correct in high frequencies, at least based on what I'm hearing.
  2. D

I measured 10 subwoofers.

Why would SB-1000 pro have a deeper extension than SB-2000 pro? That seems wrong unless I'm somehow misinterpreting the data
  3. D

Focusrite Scarlett 4th Gen

Safe mode and auto-gain aside, it looks like Motu M2 is still a slightly better deal?.. Its latency is better, the noise floor is lower, and the output impedance is lower.
  4. D

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

Random fact if anyone is curious: Idle power consumption is 3.0 - 4.2w when nothing is playing.
  5. D

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

How low the bass could be EQed for nearfield listening in a small room, on low and mid volumes? Is 50hz at -3db a reasonable ask?
  6. D

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

There's no difference in hiss whether the speaker is plugged, unplugged, or just XLR pins shorted.
  7. D

Sure, I understand. It's a bearable amount of hiss too. What I don't understand is how come people are claiming they are completely silent. They either have to be in a pretty noisy environment, have some severe high-frequency hearing loss, or sitting 1.5+ meters away (or some combination of...
  8. D

Yes of course, it's the same unplugged, plugged, and on 0 volume. And my 2i2 interface has balanced outs
  9. D

Since there's a lot of conflicting info on hiss of 8030c, I'll just add my 2 cents. Yes, they definitely hiss. The hiss gets slightly quieter on the lowest sensitivity (+6 on the back knob), but it's audible at about 1m in a not-perfectly quiet room, ear roughly on tweeter level. Before that I...
  10. D

Parametric EQ options with audio interface and monitors

Awesome, I really liked Soundsource! SoundID not so much, since I need just an EQ, not a flat profile for speakers or headphones (they didn't sound good to me, and correcting the profile is harder than just applying a manual EQ from scratch). Currently testing Apple's AUNBandEQ hosted in...
  11. D

Audio interface that works with M1 Mac sleep

I have M1 Max and Focusrite 2i2 2nd gen. After waking up from sleep, the interface will not turn on most of the time and needs to be reconnected. I've been using a USB hub (not powered btw) to work this around. It's a notorious problem, but I hoped that it's just because the 2i2 is pretty old...
  12. D

I think I will end up buying an audio interface that allows splitting headphones and monitors virtual output channels, and then EQ them separately using whatever is available on Mac
  13. D

20-30ms is actually a lot when playing guitar. Combined round-trip latency would be slightly below 40, and that's absolutely noticeable when playing, speaking from experience.
  14. D

That would be great, but I wonder if anyone could confirm it's compatible
  15. D

That's not a bad idea overall, but I've read there's 25-30ms latency on the Flex, and I'd like to avoid that, since I'm also playing guitar through my audio interface
Top Bottom