Recent content by dickman

1. D

I need some advice, JBL DD66000,Beolab 50 or KEF Blade One Meta?

I am currently planning to purchase a Sony 100Z9D (ZD9), which according to HDTVtest's review, the 100" Z9D can provide a super high peak brightness of nearly 3000 nits and a minimum brightness of 0.004 nits, and is claimed to have 7525 backlight zones to provide near OLED light control...
  2. D

I would prefer an excellent TV as a device for playing videos If audiophiles are willing to spend a lot of budget on a set with very good sound quality, then by the same logic spend the same amount of money on the best picture quality, I do Even though the projections are large enough, none of...
  3. D

Another thing I wonder is how Greg can get far better test results than JBL's claimed curve, especially in the low end https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/802570/jbl-synthesis-everest-dd67000.html?page=19 Greg seems to have used a crossover and additional amplifiers to achieve this, each woofer...
  4. D

I appreciate your advice, you mentioned that the SINAD of the SDP75 is lower than that of the demon, I tried to search the internet for information on this but no luck It seems that the signal to noise ratio depends on the quality of the DAC chip, I've heard that Trinnov (also SDP75) handles the...
  5. D

I don't actually have a budget to throw away, and I think the dd66000(also beolab50 and Blade) for under £20,000 is an excellent value for deal, although still very expensive, but for this class of speaker, I would call it a 'bargain'. If possible, I would have gone for something cheaper to...
  6. D

On this point, Greg Timbers, the designer of Everest, has mentioned how he uses his DD67000 https://positive-feedback.com/interviews/greg-timbers-jbl/ The microphone test results were significantly better than JBL's claimed 45Hz-60KHz (if that's -6db) I don't fully understand what Greg is...
  7. D

Basically because of the aesthetic design of the M2 and the semi-obligatory M2 Crown amplifier with fan noise, the M2 is perfect in terms of sound alone, but the square, dark shape is unacceptable in a living room.
  8. D

You're right, I don't know the exact logic of how the DSP works when processing the audio signal, and whether there is a dedicated "centre channel" in the original source of the movie that needs to be delivered specifically to the centre speaker for playback. I prefer to think of the centre...
  9. D

Well, I should try to acquire the LR first and then see how it works in practice, and if it doesn't meet expectations, then acquiring a matching centre speaker is an option:)
  10. D

I have read the beolab 50 manual carefully and it mentions that 15hz-40Khz is the measurement obtained at -10db, so the lab 50 is not so strongly excellent From experience, I reckon that if 15hz-40Khz at -10db is possible, then I might expect 25hz-35Khz ±3db, which should also be considered...
  11. D

The DD66000 has a recommended power of 500W. The 67000 used by designer Greg Timber himself at home uses four 300W mono amplifiers and a 120W stereo amplifier to drive the woofers, mid and tweeters respectively. https://positive-feedback.com/interviews/greg-timbers-jbl/ I'm not very good at...
  12. D

Indeed, the centre speaker ensures that the character dialogue is excellent. But when viewing a film, the sound from the front may have a left-to-right trajectory, and having a lower positioned centre speaker may make the sound image appear very strange high and low; some experienced people have...
  13. D

Subjective feelings are still important; I wonder how large a room that pair of awful-sounding DD66000s are located within? That might serve as a reference for me. Everest, I am also considering a second-hand deal; both blade and lab50 can be bought brand new for roughly the same price; I don't...
  14. D

As I wanted to watch the film in a brighter environment, I chose the TV as my video source rather than projection so that I couldn't place the centre speaker, so I wanted to remove the centre speaker section in favour of a pair of HIFI speakers that provided a very 'wide' soundstage as a front...
  15. D

Thank you so very, very much for the website and such a detailed response I do plan to buy a lyngdorf MP60 preamp as a DSP tool and will also put four subwoofers in the four corners of the room I've always wondered why audiophiles don't try to add subwoofers to their stereo systems to get better...
Top Bottom