Recent content by Dgob

1. D

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Thank you. That looks like what I imagine I'm hearing. ;)
  2. D

Many commentators then, and a nice system. Strange feeling to apparently be the only one who can hear the notable (noted) distinctions! :) But more seriously, I am amazed that even the Valve Sound option is not obviously distinct (although I could understand greater difficulty in...
  3. D

Sorry to hear that, as it were :). There are very audible differences (particularly on the 'Valve Sound' option) on my set-up. These are especially obvious regarding bass reproduction, dynamics and imaging. I expected that to be a universal outcome, which underpins my curiosity regarding their...
  4. D

To be honest, I do the same. I experimented with the 'valve' and the 'transistor' options and couldn't understand how these really were high fidelity options. I imagine that some do use these and am curious to know how and why. I expect that you are correct and it will be taste and system...
  5. D

Hi All, I was wondering what choices people made in set-up when deciding between the Sound Mode options of: OFF, Valve Sound or Transistor Sound? I might well have missed this earlier in the thread. If so, could someone point me to the appropriate page? If not, any feedback on preferences...
  6. D

Best Music for Equipment Reviews and Listening Pleasure

For those who didn't attend the Munich 2023 Hi End Hifi Show, these are some of the tracks used to demonstrate the exhibitors' various wares.
  7. D

Best Music for Equipment Reviews and Listening Pleasure

I just came across this playlist from another reviewer. Many of you might already have seen this, but I found it had some useful new additions: https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/e62e1273-f1c6-4465-8c0d-d869bcbc74d9
  8. D

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

I know. It was a more tongue in cheek response around really ridiculous outgoings for hifi. As a home user of modest means, I hear you. :):)
  9. D

I know the price tag seems high. However, when you consider what sonic gifts the proud owner can appreciate, it seems a true bargain. This all the more so when we remember the price tag for a passive speaker (without amplification, subs, cable etc) such as the Hart Audio D&W Aural Pleasure. :oops::)
  10. D

I agree about the aesthetic challenge of the W371A's. A hurdle for home use, that many of us just can't negotiate!! Pity!!
  11. D

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Absolutely. This is just a fact.
Top Bottom