Recent content by devink

1. D

Okto Dac8 Pro alternative?

For pros or long-ish cable runs, balanced is a must. I posted more thoughts about the audibility of DAC's here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rme-changes-dac-chip.24736/post-878073 and why it does often make sense to do a little better than we can hear.
  2. D

RME changes DAC-chip

I see this sentiment a lot on ASR (that anything better than ~115 dB doesn’t matter), and while it might be true for consumers, it’s not true for professionals who work in audio production / post-production. For pros, who aren’t working with already-mastered music, the dynamic range can be...
  3. D

RME changes DAC-chip

Right, that’s a good point. Though as a “pro” who needs the ADC I’d also want the best performing DAC. I really hope they expand the use of ESS chips especially into their multichannel interfaces.
  4. D

RME changes DAC-chip

According to the RME manual, this is the updated THD+N for the ADI-2 DAC: THD+N @ 0 dBFS: -116 dB, 0.00016 % Which is better than the what the ADI-2 Pro FS R BE manual quotes: THD+N @ 0 dBFS: -115 dB, 0.00018 % This seems like an odd situation to me where now the cheaper DAC actually has...
  5. D

AFAIK, RME doesn't make any multichannel cards with better than ~110 dB SINAD (if they did I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Truly love my ADI-2 Pro)
  6. D

Wow, cool! Would not have guessed that would be supported.
  7. D

Worth noting that with ADAT you're limited to 48k sample rate if you want 8 channels (unlike AES/EBU)
  8. D

I'm in the same boat. Would love a balanced output 8ch DAC / interface that can beat even 115dB SINAD. The Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 2×6 SE does but unfortunately is only 6 channels. I've also considered multiple 2 channel units but it feels a little kludgy and am worried about the...
  9. D

WTB: Okto dac8 PRO (8ch DAC)

Located in SoCal, happy to pay shipping.
  10. D

New (2021) RME Fireface UCX II

Another good reason to avoid Thunderbolt interfaces is that they cannot be further than ~2m from the computer because of cable limitations. Probably not an issue for non-pros, but it can be really annoying / difficult to work around if, for example, you want the interface on your desk but want...
  11. D

New (2021) RME Fireface UCX II

@MC_RME are the output levels (+19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4 dBu) relay switched like the ADI-2? I'm guessing not since that would be an awful lot of relays, but I can dream…
  12. D

The New King?

I would actually like the option to have less since 1-2V is optimal for my particular speaker setup. The RME ADI-2 handles this the best of any DAC I’ve seen since it’s volume control incorporates a couple relay switched steps.
  13. D

The New King?

Really wish Topping would make an 8ch multichannel DAC. This thing looks amazing.
Top Bottom