Recent content by demoncamber

1. D

The problem with Audyssey Dynamic EQ

It appears that another issue now is those of us with height channels, such as Atmos/DTS:x. It appears to also raise the volume of everything but the front height channels as well.
  2. D

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Ah yes good to know, as you can see my two surrounds running off my Rotel amp are much higher after calibration with one at +3db I do have my AVR max vol limited to 60 though because I don't go over that, so I guess I'm ok. My Rotel amp does have individual trim dials for each channel, but I...
  3. D

Is this with speaker trim levels at 0db as well or just the volume knob?
  4. D

So while trying to make sense of all the data here, is it known what the max level I can set the AVR preouts to before it clips? (Is it something like don't go over 0db level or something like that?) I have an older RMB 1066 Rotel 6 channel amp, and I'm trying to balance the trims on the Rotel...
  5. D

Beta tester wanted for an Android app to optimize speaker placement and listening room

One feature request I can think of is using the phone sensors to help get perfect speaker angle for toe-in and general speaker positioning by laying phone flat on top of speaker.
  6. D

Even if it's capable, they are probably reserving that feature for the higher up models for profitability. However, paid update would be viable.
  7. D

do you have a link to this?
  8. D

Incorrect, it's 9.2 channels so only 9 amps (but with 11.2 processing via preouts)
  9. D

I'm still learning how to pair the proper amp to an AVR, so these are my amp specs, will this be fine for the x4700?: Specifications DESIGN 5-ch THX Ultra2 Amplifier POWER OUPUT 8 200 watts/ch into 8 ohms at less than 0.03% THD (20Hz-20kHz - 3 channels driven) POWER OUTPUT 4 300...
  10. D

Was 100% not expecting this, however this was quite possibly the best ending and outcome to a review I've ever read. Glad I hung on to my x4700 Is there anything Denon is actually looking at to tweak that was relayed to you in discussions via firmware?
  11. D

Denon AVR-X4700H 2020 AVR Review

Dude you're awesome! Coming from a x4700 owner, this is greatly appreciated!
  12. D

My x4700 sounds pretty decent. Been using it every day for about a week now. However, I'm using 5 channels with an Aragon 2005 THX amp and only a pair of Atmos speakers are being powered by the x4700. I have turned all channel stereo on and turned off my amp to see how they sound though on their...
  13. D

Exactly... Multichannel music vs Stereo music is as simple as this, Stereo = watching the orchestra/band/artist from the seats Multichannel music = Actually being on stage IN the orchestra! Anyone that's not a believer in multi c. audio needs to simply listen to the Hans Zimmer Live in Prague...
  14. D

@amirm *Update* Got a reply from a Denon Quality Engineer, lets hope this gains some traction! As a side note, between the tweet and whoever else tried to contact Denon about the test results, I think this proves how crucial 3rd party testing on freshly released products is. Great job Amir The...
  15. D

Hopefully I get at least one persons attention :D
Top Bottom