Recent content by democles

1. democles

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

I had te same,but not with the cable it came with. The KTB was not recognised on my player software. I reinstalled the software and found out the cable was the problem. I had another little thing. When I feed the KTB with external power supply and start up my player computer Odroid C1+ at the...
  2. democles

My LPS is DIY and has a lot of fim capasitors after the regulator,i do not think a regular LPS would give the same effect. I first tested with standard LT1084 power supply,and it sounded smaller . But you can always try.:)
  3. democles

Do not forget to wire all power GND together! But watch out,I am still testing and it is to early to give a final comment,the last power supply is only 2 days old. I can hear the effect is promising .
  4. democles

Correct, except for the RPI is a Odroid C1+ The Odroid has better USB,not as the RPI were USB is shared with LAN port.
  5. democles

In my tests how to feed the dac, a linear supply is best,more space,bigger sound stage,les harsh on the highs,more reverb on sound. After testing BIG MKP condensators after regulator, I switched to smaler film caps and they do the same trick. I have to listen more, but the results are promising...
  6. democles

No problem on tube amps ,must be a ground thing on your computer. I am on testing 2 separate power supply,s with a lot of film capacitors,just have to do a few more days on it,but it is sounding nice and an upgrade to other linear power supply,s. First i didn't think there was much to get...
  7. democles

Salas shunt supply. Differences in sound are small. So I settled with one power supply (the most open sounding supply)and USB feeding the music.
  8. democles

Thanks, Yes diy gear , pre amp 6N16-EV tube, Soekris DAM1021 dac (silver box),AD1865 dac/network music streamer and GU-50 tube monoblockes. I have tried feeding Khardash and Odroid C1+.seppared . Trying SPDIF with RPI 3B and Allo DIGI ONE.
  9. democles

I am testing the dac on different external power supply. The player is a Odroid C1+ and the power supply is LT1084 based.
  10. democles

Khardas is not auto switching to SPDIF. I had to play music by SPDIF and than unplug/replug the usb connector (power supply) to get music out of the SPDIF.
Top Bottom