Recent content by decomo

1. D

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

Thank you very much. Any particular SMSL DAC that has good Optical Input performance? It will be connected to TV to Studio monitor so digital volume control is a must but no need headphone out.
  2. D

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

Is E70 Velvet still good option if source will be TV via Toslink and out to studio monitors? I heard that E30 has jitter issue if Non-USB such as Toslink or Coaxial. Not sure if E70 Velvet has same issue.
  3. D

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Does anyone have the noise issues between songs? When I click next track, there is strong hiss noise between songs. This noise also appears and stays on when there is no music playing for more than 30 secs until music starts playing again. Is it just me or this is supposed to happen for Wiim...
  4. D

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Thank you for your explanation. Those digital filters are mystery tone control are too confusing to a novice like myself. I will just discard them and use as #1 option for both and forget that they exist. :)
  5. D

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Thank you. I had this unit for over a month now and did not even realise there were setting until last night. Yes, manual does not say anything about Setting the Tone option SC1 to SC4. I believe that someone in this thread mention that SC2 and FL6 sounds more like hifi setting (?). My guess...
  6. D

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Can anyone enlighten me what PCM Filter Range FL1 to 6 and Setting the Tone SC1 to 4 are for? The manual says for Filter Range as below; FL1(Sharp Roll-off filter) FL2(Slow Roll-off filter) FL3(Short Delay Sharp Roll-off filter) FL4(Short Delay Slow Roll-off filter) FL5(Super Slow Roll-off...
  7. D

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Thank you, Steph. I am thinking to get two units for two different set ups. Set up #1) LXMini+2 Speakers driven by NAD CI980 multichannel pwr amplifier Not sure about speaker sensitivity (can't find it from web somehow), and CI980's spec says, Input Sensitivity: 1.1V (ref. rated power)...
  8. D

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Is anyone using this not only DAC but as Preamp, too? I am trying to reduce the box count and wondering how good the preamp section it is. I see that Topping also have dedicated Pre90 Preamp and if I have analog source then it would be good addition but if I use digital source only, then do I...
  9. D

Purifi vs. Pascal - What is going on?

May I ask what Neurochrome/Purifi build you did? Is Neurochrome gainclone based on LM3886? Thank you...
  10. D

Desktop Speaker Stands

Found the website that stands referred. https://www.ionforgeonline.com/ls50-desktop-stand It is also pricey but more solidly made with some adjustability on height and angle.
  11. D

Desktop Speaker Stands

Not sure what material it is made of. If it is thin aluminium, then price seems a bit too high.. I like the white colour though..
  12. D

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Haha... Thank you and Yep, that is where I am based and live with kangaroos and wallabies. :)
  13. D

Breeze TPA3255 XLR Balanced Amplifier TearDown : DIP8 Op Amps.

Just found your thread and thank you for sharing the mod. If I get this amp in the near future, will definitely try replacing the opamps to the one that you recommended.
  14. D

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Greetings from down under... I read many reviews posted in this forum for several years now but have not registered or participated in the forum. Forum threads and Reviews here are very informative and helpful indeed. Look forward to participating and learning from experienced members here...
  15. D

Desktop Speaker Stands

AKER stands look very well made and fit for LS50 or similarly sized desktop speakers. Pricey though. Jay's video (timestamp 5:00 onwards)
Top Bottom