Recent content by Ddd

1. D

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

I see.. Great then. But for the higher voltage input acceptance. The gain should be lower and not max H gain I believe? Like the A90 8.8V at M gain maybe... Anyhow. Good to know. Great info :)
  2. D

Yeah exactly. Having more than enough power than we need it... From my check, SP400 didn't mention it's max input sensitivity. But from my rough calculation from its max balanced voltage output 16.25V from its 440mW at 600 ohm... With lower Gain value than A90, 11.6dB is 3.8x... So the max...
  3. D

Well. From what I look back, A90 output capabilty at M or H gain are almost the same if I'm not wrong (both Gain settings have Same output swing level 49Vp-p of dynamic range) M Gain 2.0x , Max input 8.8V Multiply get A90 max voltage output 17.6V H Gain 6.0x , Max input 2.9V Multiply get...
  4. D

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

Haha ya. But luckily the Audeze Leather strap is quite durable, not easy to get torn. Except the side silicon .. But won't do any big damage also. Used it for many months already the leather still hold up without any sign of tearing :)
  5. D

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

One can always mod their suspension strap to turn them into just like a HFM headphones Strap with massive gap you always dream of without needing to worry about leather stretch (now you will wish the strap longer the better with this mod) :) also significantly help with weight management *But...
  6. D

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

With Pre90 Resistor Ladder Volume control and Remote control, Which is a tempting features.. Is it bad to sound quality if using D90 MQA in DAC mode into Pre90, Pre90 to A90 (Mid Gain MAXED full Volume), And A90 to Headphones? Doing so because i guess maybe Pre90 is a better preamp device...
  7. D

Gustard A18 Balanced Desktop DAC Review

@amirm Hello, just curious, at minus how many dB to get the XLR output 4.8V? And when setting the A18 into Fixed Pure DAC mode, what's the output voltage of both RCA and XLR output? And any difference in SINAD when in Fixed DAC mode? :)
  8. D

Wolf's Measurements of Gustard A18 DAC

The output impedance of the XLR output is mentioned in the manual if I'm not wrong. -2dB 5V -4dB 4V
  9. D

Yes it has it. Not in the menu. But have to do it from the remote. Is mentioned in the manual
  10. D

Is it the same for the 3V RCA output? -4dB get 2V?? And in pure DAC mode... The XLR fixed 4V or 6V?
  11. D

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Haha, well, as said, I may be wrong, whether there is a sound difference or not switching between preamp or DAC mode.. Let's let you all hear and decide for yourself. Whichever it is, at least different display than the -0.00dB is good to have XD
  12. D

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Running in DAC mode only bypasses the pre amp circuits, since it is not a dedicated well built pre amp, maybe the circuit is not that great? I may be wrong, but it is known from the Topping D90, DAC mode definitely have better quality than running in the pre amp mode due to the same reason...
  13. D

Haha from my experience the clipping are produce from the amplifier. The headphone, not so much. But it can goes either way. Either the headphone distort first, or the amplifier clips first. The headphone just present it to you. Haha. But whether long term clipping an amplifier will damage it or...
  14. D

Haha nope won't damage it. The results will be clipped or distorted sound at the listener end haha.
  15. D

Is written in the specs as input sensitivity Depending on which gain your on L - 9.5 Vrms M - 8.8 Vrms H - 2.9 Vrms
Top Bottom