Recent content by DavidH

1. DavidH

Nobsound, shit or great?

Due to a stupid miscalculation in scale, I'd had a pair of new Kef Q350s sitting unused in their box for quite a while. A few months ago I bought a Nobsound TA-21 to drive these Kefs in a large bedroom. The sound from this 'Bluetooth stereo speaker' is great (IMO better than my, admittedly...
  2. DavidH

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Good call. I noticed that too. I modified the foam in my box immediately.
  3. DavidH

Review and Measurements of HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro

I find that Pi4s with HiFi Berry HAT DACs, running Ropieee, make decent sounding, cheap, easy Roon Wi-Fi endpoints; a very stable solution for multi zone systems. I now have them littered all around our home, hooked up to various headphone and speaker systems for the whole family.
  4. DavidH

True. I find DT880 600 are great for certain music though. I'm not a fan of Zeos but I think he's right that DT880+Emotiva A-10 is a really good match. Still, your A90 is superb for everything else I've tried. Big respect, sir.
  5. DavidH

I've not had my A90 for long, but it's obvious straight out of the box that it's an amp that sounds great, not just one that measures well. No surprise there, of course but it's especially good for the asking price. Design and build quality are very impressive. Four subjective first...
  6. DavidH

How to Support Audio Science Review

I have purchased products as a direct result of your excellent work, knowledge & recommendations. I'm happy to pay back. Thank you very much.
  7. DavidH

Thank you very much. Personally, I intensely dislike his videos but I'm not qualified to criticise/disagree with all his 'technical' statements, which is why I asked you. :cool:
  8. DavidH

Noobie question. I currently have the Topping A90 on order. I think I just watched/heard Z Reviews say that it is not powerful enough to drive Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm headphones. Is that correct? Do I need to try to cancel my order and look for something more powerful?
Top Bottom