Recent content by Dave-Oh

1. D

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I do civil litigation in Virginia & have a fair amount of experience with defamation cases in state and federal courts here. I'll get in touch with Amir
  2. D

PSB Alpha P3 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

"rolled off top end, or bumped up mid bass to make it more sound more punchy... " were just random examples of various forms of distortion that might make a speaker "sound better" in the subjective perception of some listeners. I didn't claim that you said that & I’m not sure why you would...
  3. D

Can’t agree with what you say there about the subjectivist position. It’s a caricature rather than an accurate reflection. What most of them are saying when they say “sounds better” is not that it has a pleasantly rolled off top end, or bumped up mid bass to make it more sound more punchy or...
  4. D

No need for remarks like that my friend. And while I agree with your opinion, you can't measure with your ears
  5. D

In my case I purchased them first and listened for a couple of weeks before finding your review & associated measurements. I purchased basically on a trial basis because of the form factor and because I've always liked PSB. (Normally wouldn't happen as I'm reluctant to buy anything without...
  6. D

Buchardt Anniversary 10 Measurements and Review

Reviewers would do well to keep in mind a product’s intended role and purpose. I think this review fell short in that regard
  7. D

Weiss DAC205 DAC Review

Right. It’s fine to compare products from different eras but why then trash them by today’s standards?
  8. D

Well I made the “mistake”of buying a pair of these without seeing the ASR review. On sale for $209 a couple of weeks ago. They were exactly the right size for my desktop. I have them on little 4 inch high stands which brings them relatively close to ear level and relieves a little bit of bass...
  9. D

Musical Fidelity MX-DAC Review (Balanced DAC)

It’s not competitive now but it’s been around a while. I owned one briefly a couple of years ago. Is it a fair judgment to basically call it junk because some companies recently cracked the code of producing super-performers at low cost? I don’t know the answer. I guess it depends on what Amir...
  10. D

LS50 Meta vs LS50 with EQ

I have a new Bluesound Node, a Musical fidelity DAC and using a Musical Fidelity integrated amp as the preamp with the RCA preamp outs to the Anthem amplifier. Right now I have a pair of floorstanding Martin Logan speakers, Motion 40, but the reason I got the Anthem amp is that I am building a...
  11. D

LS50 Meta vs LS50 with EQ

I just bought the Anthem 225 MCA Gen 2 and its phenomenal. Everything in the bass range is more articulate and dynamic. The upper bass even sounds cleaner. I used to own a big class AB amp with a similar power rating but I don't recall it sounding nearly this good.
  12. D

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

to be clear, these are RCA variable preamp outputs, left and right, not speaker outputs. For that you need the Powernode which has internal 70 watt amps.
  13. D

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Also got me thinking about the WISA consortium that is working on lossless and no latency 5.1 or 7.1 wireless transmission from a televisions. With that technology just a TV and 4 of these strategically placed on walls could get you pretty cool theater sound with highest SAF ever.
  14. D

Tidal announces Tidal Connect

Yeah but.. anything that says plug in tells me there's an art to making it work. Was this really so easy a caveman could do it?
  15. D

Tidal announces Tidal Connect

The old school audiophile in me cannot allow a laptop on my audio rack, but could probably tolerate a small fanless PC out of sight. How powerful is your laptop, and did you have any problems getting Tidal and Roon up and running on it?
Top Bottom