Recent content by Dave H

1. D

What are we listening to right now..

Sarah Nixey's voice is just beautiful. In fact the whole album is an audiophile delight.
  2. D

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Mine failed to update on a windows 11 PC, but successfully updated using the bootable Linux Mint USB stick method.
  3. D

Okto DAC8 Pro - open to new orders

Ive just noticed the Okto dac8 Pro is available again.
  4. D

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Maty. Why post these pictures when Pavel has already told you None of those is our current or upcoming product.
  5. D

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

I ride a Ducati Monster S2R 1000
  6. D

SMPS for Audio Applications

Would +- 36 volts be possible? I would be interested in trying your power supply in my Neurochrome Audio Modulus 686 amplifier.
  7. D

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

192Khz is the highest I can go with Jriver doing my crossovers and EQ.
  8. D

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

I have not tried Roon. I'm using Jriver with my Okto 8 Dac feeding 3 x stereo power amps, which drive a pair of Lxmimi's with dipole subwoofers. Jriver is doing all the crossovers and equalization.
  9. D

I have an Okto8 pro and it plays fine at 192k with Jriver and ASIO4ALL
  10. D

Difference between different Hypex NCore models and input buffers?

They are some of the best preforming and sounding amplifiers money can buy. I wouldn't consider them as profiteers at all, their price is very reasonable considering the power and performance available from these amps.
  11. D

I'm currently bi amping my LXmini's with my Okto 8, and using Jriver DSP for the crossover's. Soon I'll be adding the dipole woofer, and also using Jriver for the crossover.
  12. D

New build of Linkwitz LXMini

The Lxmini is a great speaker. I'm currently using mine with Neurochrome Modulus-686 amplifiers, and an Okto Research Dac8-Pro. I'm useing Jriver Dsp for the crossovers. Im hoping to add the dipole woofer when funds allow.
  13. D

My Okto Dac8 arrived this evening (order #63) looking forward to setting it up tomorrow.
  14. D

I got this reply from Pavel on November 8. Another month on and my DAC has still not been delivered. Hi David, my apologies for letting you wait for a reply. I understand it is getting long and I am sorry for that. Dealing with a backlog of pre-orders is taking us more time than expected, but...
  15. D

Ive just noticed Okto web page has now been updated, manual now available. https://www.oktoresearch.com/dac8pro.htm#!
Top Bottom