Recent content by Dathzo

1. Dathzo

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

I may have jumped too quickly… I actually find interesting the rationale of symmetry correction; it does make sense. Looking forward to doing the poll if you get the chance of putting it together.
  2. Dathzo

It’s not at 40 Hz. Not very credible when Yamaha is making these type of mistakes
  3. Dathzo

ASR Acourate users

Helìlo Keith, Many thanks for the detailed answer! The Denon has indeed Audyssey. It also has DLBC, which does a better job than Audyssey. It sounds really good to be fair, but since a while, I have been curious if Audiolense/Acourate can produce a better sound than Dirac… I guess I would need...
  4. Dathzo

ASR Acourate users

Good day and thanks @Keith_W for the great info sharing. A pretty basic question. I have an AVC (Denon X3800) that allows having up to 4 independent sub signals. I have a 2.2 system at the moment. I have the AVC connected to my PC. Would it be possible to use Acourate with this setup? Would the...
  5. Dathzo

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

It’s a great unit. I had it for 3 years and enjoyed it much. On the positive side: 1. Easy to use, inputs are detected automatically from a signal 2. Tons of features, you can connect all your gear 3. Pretty decent sound quality 4. Firmware keeps updating and you may even see DLBC soon On...
  6. Dathzo

Thanks for the flavor! Is the Roon beta you talk about openly available? Would love to give it a shot. Thanks!
  7. Dathzo

You can use something like this: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0484
  8. Dathzo

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

Thanks again. I’m my case, the subs are on regardless of the Dirac filters engaged, and regardless if they are on/off. having or not sound of the subs depends solely of the sound routing from the soundcard software (TotalMix from RME in my case). That is why I found strange to only have meters...
  9. Dathzo

Thanks Ricky! Yes, it does, I think I found the issue… seems I have been messing around with the rooting in TotalMix and was not sending signal to the subwoofer outputs. I did a quick test today and managed to have signal. After correction, when I used DLBC and have the filter on, I see the 4...
  10. Dathzo

Hi, I have been reading this thread with great interest. I also got DLBC recently for my 2.2 setup (with a PC). I have a RME Fireface UCX ii for the 4 channels. After hitting calibration and getting the 2 speakers and 2 subwoofers in the Dirac Live app, when pressing the play buttons of the...
  11. Dathzo

@decryption, Here is some information about bass integration with the C685: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/minidsp-shd-review-updated-dsp-dac-streamer.18681/post-1117608
  12. Dathzo

If you only are looking for DL, this is a good alternative: https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/ddrc-24
  13. Dathzo

Good to read. Can you share what NAD replied to you?
  14. Dathzo

Does a 4 million taps FIR filter sound better than a 16K one? Let's find out.

Fair enough, thanks for the quick reaction
  15. Dathzo

Does a 4 million taps FIR filter sound better than a 16K one? Let's find out.

Good stuff, thanks for taking the time and post this @pkane ! I would expect that after a certain number of taps, audible differences become indiscernible. Audiolense and Acourate can generate filters up to 132k taps, and from your results, there is no benefit of such number vs. 16k. The...
Top Bottom