Recent content by Darwin

1. D

Apple HomePod (2nd Gen) (2023)

Unfortunately, I’m finding the current one to be too bassy also and the reduce bass option is too little bass. Both modes sound unbalanced because of this.
  2. D

It’s not just AirPlay. Home Theater mode uses a combination of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to create an ad hoc network. This allows for louder volume, cd quality, atmos, 5.1 and 7.1.
  3. D

At least four people have already said Apple provided the api to do this but Spotify has chosen not to. Which makes no difference whatsoever.
  4. D

Incorrect. There are many ways to do AirPlay with android.
  5. D

They didn’t hobble it. They provide an api It’s up to 3rd parties to integrate it as was already said in this thread. I use it with Pandora all the time because they have the best radio stations. Deezer, tune in radio and some others did too. I never have issues with AirPlay in a very large...
  6. D

you must not buy anything ever then being so sensitive to marketing.
  7. D

There have been a number of these early previews. All positive. https://www.soundandvision.com/content/apple-homepod-2nd-generation-first-impressions
  8. D

They switched from ferrite (ceramic) magnets to neodymium magnets.
  9. D

They already connect to Spotify by AirPlay and as has been said Spotify has chosen to not integrate with HomePods. Nothing stopping them. but Apple Music makes more sense anyway as they have a huge amount of spatial audio in their catalog and adding more all the time. Here are Apples developer...
  10. D

You don’t need Apple Music since every streaming app works with AirPlay. Also Apple provided the ability some time ago for 3rd party apps to implement voice with HomePods. Pandora did it some time ago. There is nothing stopping Spotify and others from doing the same. AirPlay issues are...
  11. D

That information is out there. I think even on apples site.
  12. D

I found them much better than any $600 speaker. They are certainly better than the now $550 Sonos FIves and at one point I had three stereo sets of those.
  13. D

It’s all over the apple web site so yes. Two speakers. Also they improved the voice dialogue on these for better home theater, podcasts etc. The old ones did a great job with atmos movies giving a surprising surround sound effect for two speakers. Not as good as actual physical speakers behind...
  14. D

360 degree sound and they sound great with Dolby atmos with movies or spatial audio for music. I had the old ones and loved them especially two together They fill a room far better than conventional speakers. I preordered four of the new ones and am pumped to get them on the 3rd of Feb...
  15. D

Focus - new active Dynaudio speakers

No HDMI and BT 4.2 are puzzling misses especially for the price. Makes you look at Ken instead but I had the first version and they were very unreliable with pretty much no support from Kef.
Top Bottom