Recent content by Darvantus

1. D

Review and Measurements of Monoprice THX Desktop DAC & Amp

It actually was the point, have you noticed same issue with other sources, not youtube? Music? Movies? Tv?
  2. D

Youtube is not a great basis, as often videos are recorded in mono or when uploaded are converted to mono. Do you experience that with movies or tv, not on youtube? The reason i ask, is there are some videos in which i get no sound at all, not just on one amplifier (as i have multiple)
  3. D

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Yes, can be used to connect via XLR or RCA
  4. D

No reason to if you are using windows 10/linux. Perhaps if using win7/mac?
  5. D

Is Soekris dac1321 worth buying?

I realize this hasn't been active for almost a year, but i had my piano tuned yesterday. No skill, just an iphone w/external mic. Literally just tightened strings and whatnot. No listening required.
  6. D

Did Amirm ever get to measure this to add to the other DAC SINAD profiles?
  7. D

friend of mine wants to give me his pair for the cost of gas. Can't really repick a pair of $3 headphones.
  8. D

That concerns me, as even with my quite inefficient Sundaras and HE4xx, it will hit overtemp protection at quite less than max volume. (Not overcurrent/short, as i use balanced cables, but temp protection.)
  9. D

So the 73mW @600 ohms would be sufficient? There are reviews of people having issues with even the mighty 789 distorting before getting to decent sound levels
  10. D

In looking at the specs, looks like it isn't enough power for 600ohm DT880? (or really any 600ohm SE?) 73mw@600ohm doesn't seem adequate. Too bad they don't make balanced/replaceable cables for the 880 or really any beyer 600ohm headphone under $300?
  11. D

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

Tried to order, but says it doesn't ship to my address...
  12. D

Review and Measurements of Schiit Modi 3 DAC

So first time responding, but long time lurker, but i feel like i can actually provide input. The He4xx are easy to drive, but have very low sensitivity, meaning they take more and more power to get louder. Much more than other high impedance headphones. The Sennheiser 6xx for example are 300ohm...
Top Bottom