Recent content by darthe

1. D

Looking for Amp with sub out

Speakers are KEF Q150, no sub yet but would like to add one. Remote would also be nice. Will be connected to a PC.
  2. D

Are Infinity Reference speakers gone?

Thanks my bad but that means harman produces even less "passive" speakers (JBL and Revel) and means they are mostly a car audio company
  3. D

Are Infinity Reference speakers gone?

Yes Infinity (owned by Harmon, which owned by Samsung) has exited Infinity from home speakers, they are now the entry/midlevel car audio only party of Harmon Bang & Olufsen, JBL and Revel are the only brands making Home Speakers in the Harmon group.
  4. D

Why do humans like jazz?

Well as at least one human I can say there is no form of music I dislike more than Jazz.
  5. D

Genuinely hilarious comedy

Yes and Yes, in fact anything Mel Brooks, 12 Chairs, History of the World, Producers Would throw in Take the Money and Run, Blues Brothers, and the Airplane 1 & 2 (kings of slapstick)
  6. D

AIYIMA A08 Pro Amplifier Review

Power supply options for this amp? Probably don't need the 48v but alittle higher according to their chart? where would I find?
  7. D

Best speakers for Home Theater use behind Acoustic Screen.

Probably 11 to 14 feet? Yes two sub eventually, one svs P-1000 to start
  8. D

Best speakers for Home Theater use behind Acoustic Screen.

Looking for suggestions on speakers to use behind Acoustic screen, 3 identical LCR. medium sized room and keeping cost down so 500 or less per speaker. Although maybe able to stretch alittle higher if alot to be gained.
  9. D

Had more bass with 2.0 than with 5.0.2 after AVR and Audyssey. How to fix?

Would mounted up front be more front heights then atmos? Love the emotivas, don't have a denon, and have an SVS sub so bass has not been an issue, in fact with my Yamaha the emotiva are quite good bass wise when I turn off the sub (at night). I have heard great things about Audyssey and that...
  10. D

Had more bass with 2.0 than with 5.0.2 after AVR and Audyssey. How to fix?

Side topic but have similar setup to yours in apartment Emotiva b1+/c1+ some cheap daytons as surrounds, never thought of being able to setup atmos in apartment, would love to see how you mounted those Micca's for it?
  11. D

What Budget Speakers Do You Enjoy?

For many years as went to school my budget setup was 3.1 BIC America Venturi's (later added couple small Bic's as Sats for 5.1) really enjoyed them for movies. Now all sold Then upgraded to Wavecrest HVL-1 which seemed a modest step up , recently these became my bedroom 3.1 setup Now have...
  12. D

Recommendations DAC/Headphone AMP/Amplifier

Looking at sub $200 combo or all in one for PC setup, powering headphones and a pair of Jamo 801 s, maybe a subwoofer in the future? so far Aiyama d03/d05? loxjie A30? some seperate combo?
  13. D

Erin's Review of KEF Q250c Center Discussion

Thinking of upgrading my BIC 5.1 system in my small apt, with medium sized rectangular living room so KEF q150 + Q250c across the front and probably keep some of the BIC to do surround for now a reasonable choice? one small couch and 90% of the time just me sitting center.
  14. D

Fluance Elite 2-Way Bipolar Speaker review

Was looking at these as low cost rear for apartment, what alternatives do you suggest?
Top Bottom