Recent content by darakon

1. D

A Sonos One (Gen 2) sounds deeper, better and more punchy than my KEF R11

@ alanca: wow, thats a strong loudness effect. @JorisCeoen: just try it in your own room. get a pair of sonos. Would be interesting to read here about your impressions.
  2. D

Best nearfields under $5k all-in?

just some more ideas: Genelec 8341 KS Digital C100 Genelec 8331 PSI Audio A17 Neumann KH 150 KS Digital C8-Reference Neumann KH 120 II + Subwoofer Mofi SourcePoint 8
  3. D

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Wow, this is a really ugly looking speaker. I would not even put it in my living room, if get money for it.
  4. D

Can studio monitors be used as "bookshelf" speakers in a medium sized room?

the 'near field' term is mainly a marketing term. In general there is nothing special about them what differs them from a mid-field or bookshelf speaker. except maybe, that the max volume is not that high. But otherwise I agree: Most Monitor speaker sound better (are better constructed) than...
  5. D

Can studio monitors be used as "bookshelf" speakers in a medium sized room?

"Can studio monitors be used as "bookshelf" speakers in a medium sized room?" NO, don't do it! If you use a monitor in a bookshelf, the integrated active crossover and amp will explode ! booom
  6. D

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Yes, indeed! ;) ... of course only my personal opinion. Good measurements and recommendation in some forum might help, but are no guarantee. I have great respect of amir's work and experience. But still listening impressions of different people in different surroundings will probably not come...
  7. D

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

After this very positiv review from Armir, I bought a pair of elac debut. Maybe it was not terrible. But it was not good either. The sound reproduction seems quite artificial to me. Voices did not sound natural. I gave them 3 days, but my first impression did not change. The speaker went...
  8. D

Best Speakers (Studio Monitors) to Hear Reverb

Listening is always subjective. The kh420 I did not hear yet. The O300 is also one of my favorites. 3-way, wider baffle and middle dome pays off. The O300 is a good combination of analytics mixed with some fun.
  9. D

@ mightyciadalor: I made more or less the same experience. For example: the kh120 measures pretty much like the perfect speaker. And yes, it sound almost perfect in its way. But its missing emotions, musicality and the feeling of 'space'. I understand that for many it's a perfect tool for a...
  10. D

most neumann and genelec follow the target to have constant directivity, but not a wide dispersion, due to small baffles and waveguides. Neumann and Genelecs are nice speakers, but actually more on the analytic and dry side. If they reveal less or the right amount of reverb referring to the...
  11. D

hi auralux, I get your point / question. I listened to many different speakers: studio monitors, hifi speakers, diy speakers in different rooms. in different distances. Produced music my self. By now only enjoy listening and building speakers. I can only agree with you: One main difference...
Top Bottom