Recent content by DannyBukem

1. D

I did measure a difference between my new Kimber 12TC and AudioQuest 14/4

I guess i just assumed that its the easiest test really, to see what is heard by the Mic when things change. The advocates for speaker cables always say "You cant measure changes, its what sounds best" which always felt like B.S to me as your brain plays tricks on you., i just wanted to see if...
  2. D

Haha trust me! I dont want a sponsor... my friends will all give me grief as i have said for years cables dont really make a difference ;-).
  3. D

No i dont, i just do a reading one after another. I didnt think about using just one Speaker. I guess my goal was to mimic how i listen.
  4. D

I will give this a try! Thanks Guys for the suggestions and helping me get to the bottom of it!
  5. D

Sorry; I meant to say , it’s using the Umik -1 on its tripod on the middle seat.
  6. D

Thats what i see, surely if it was a measurement issue, the actual runs of the same cable would differ? but they dont.... the same cable seem fairly consistent.
  7. D

The only realistic differences are having it louder by +5db. The mic was put in the same location, middle seat, but this may be off by around 10cm radius from where it was yesterday.
  8. D

Btw... the latest readings i increased the volume on the AVR by 5db so this was -25db, the first readings were -30db.
  9. D

I've just taken readings again... Obvs my Mic probably isnt in the exact same position as it was yesterday... I took AQ readings first and Kimber second: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqzFMmO6mN3Hk-xxIyM2Joe3mWtThg?e=KnWWGO
  10. D

Sorry the files were 19MB: so put them on my OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqzFMmO6mN3Hk-xwcGT0IXj5zPm1dQ?e=If5OHX
  11. D

Hi Guys... REW files attached. As i say.... I am a major sceptic about cables... I have regular debates with my mate who spent £2000 on Chord Sarin cables, when we tested them at his house, there was a difference in volume vs standard chord but i was convinced it was placebo! Happy to re-run...
  12. D

That’s exactly what I did. 5 sweeps of each. You can choose sweep 2 of AQ and sweep 4 of Kimber, the graphs are identical.
Top Bottom