Recent content by Danddd

1. D

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

As it should for $3K more...
  2. D

The ARES II has been flawless with the WiiM Pro connected via Coax cable for me.
  3. D

Thanks man CJ appreciated, using a Mac, and it shows the current firmware.
  4. D

From the Denafrips site instructions, the update doesn't seem too difficult to do. Is there anything to look out for so as to not brick the unit?
  5. D

Denafrips Ares II - is it really worth it?

@noise17 I enjoyed your take as I have an interest in cars too and judge equipment by listening with measurements as an added bonus, but not the final decision in any regard. Measurements is why Hyundai buyers exist over Honda buyers lol. I wouldn't assume the forum is mostly near field...
  6. D

Beresford Caiman SEG Review (Stereo DAC)

@Giuanniello How do you get the updates? Look, if the SEG sounds good to you, you have the option to ignore the measurements. I have it in a secondary system and it helped improve the sound to my ears over the Apple Express.
  7. D

I have the same situation for the listening room. Which is fine for me as I try to get the best oprimized sound based on a wall of windows on one side and an open staircase down on the other side. Aside from that I enjoy the music and it is a hobby. As a hobby, I enjoy the ARES II in this...
  8. D

Cool on the tube/SS. What kind of controls did you put in? When I was comparing the ARES II to the Gustard X16, I would play the same tracks between the two at what seemed to be the same volume level after comparing white noise and vocal sounds. I don't have any measuring equipment.
  9. D

I'm asking you to source your evidence on this quote of yours: But 100% of the time, when the response is flat and the distortion is relatively low, a box of electronics will not sound any different than any other box of electronics with flat response and relatively low distortion. You don't...
  10. D

Did you do valid A/B tests or have a source to prove your point?
  11. D

Actually I thought the engineer in the video had a good point. There are people dumping their well measured by Amir audio gear because it doesn’t sound good to them.
  12. D

So you’re down to name calling when you don’t agree with someone? LOL
  13. D

Because 'listening' is not nonsense to many people. And even though you make a point, other people have an opinion that's just as valid. It's funny in the video @billyjoebob posted, the one SMSL DAC Amir's testing didn't do well was preferred by the engineer in the video. Measurements is only...
  14. D

That's because you don't contribute so much as troll. Although trolling seems this site's main contribution from the Objectism believers.
Top Bottom