Recent content by Dana reed

1. D

Schiit Tyr mono amplifier

I thought so too. Doesn’t show up in the AP report on Schiit’s site. I’d send mine to Amir but a. I’m using them daily and b. they would cost lots to ship.
  2. D

Schiit Tyr mono amplifier

Review from Stereophile https://www.stereophile.com/content/schiit-audio-tyr-monoblock-power-amplifier
  3. D

Schiit Magni Heretic Headphone Amp Review

needs to be a little bigger to fit them, and voila! https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/schiit-magnius-balanced-headphone-amp-review.15252/
  4. D

Schiit Magni Heretic Headphone Amp Review

this is also $10 cheaper than IEMagni was. Seems they just incorporated the negative gain feature into the regular Magnis, when they were going to not be able to hit the magic $99 price point any more.
  5. D

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

For me, the channel imbalance isn’t really an issue unless you’re trying to use IEMs or something really really sensitive with it. Any amp with a small sized analog pot will have these imbalance issues at like 8-9 o’clock on the dial. Usually you just use the gain switch to avoid that area...
  6. D

Chord GroundARAY Review (Noise Filter?)

Just get one of these. Much cheaper and actually works when I have stuff with grouding issues https://ifi-audio.com/products/groundhog/
  7. D

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Yes, it’s fine. All it does is change the physical size of the connector. I have the IEMagni and that always has the 1/8” adapter connected.
  8. D

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I should give that a try. My 789 hasn't had any scratchy sound, but my Schiit Hel at my work desk has gotten scratchy over time, and maybe cleaning the pot will help.
  9. D

Grado SR60x Review (on ear headphone)

I like the L pads better on all Grados, and the G pads are the most comofortable, and work well for larger driver models
  10. D

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

Less fiddly, with cabling it up, and I can use it with most all of my other headphones. Was a bit hesitant to run some other headphones off the Vidar. So it wasn't really a subjective sound thing (except for noise floor on some more sensitive headphones) was more a functionality and fitting on...
  11. D

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

I have one of those, and have run the HE6SEV1 off a Vidar, with good effect. In the end my Mjolnir 1 turned out to be the favored amp for these though, and ended up using the Vidar for some bookshelf monitors in my exercise room.
  12. D

Beyerdynamic Amiron Home Review (headphone)

Subjectively, these have been one of my favorite headphones for a long time. Granted, this was before I started using EQ for each headphone. I still use these on my portable rig with the Pono player in balanced mode, and I've worn the headband down to a nub. My biggest beef with these is that...
  13. D

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

The switch toggles the inputs, but both sets of preouts work at the same time, regardless of input
  14. D

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

The HK680 is an integrated amp, correct? You can just use the volume control on that so you don’t need a preamp. If you want to connect to both the HK680 and the 789 amp. You can just use the RCA for the HK680 and the XLR outputs to the THX789
Top Bottom